Recently Single

D Murphy

The ship will post a time for a Solo Travelers meeting place but they do not plan or organize activities for any group, single travelers included.  

Past Cruise Compass from previous guests of Grandeur can be found on this site here:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass?ship=291

Here is an example:

1596610861_solocc.jpeg.329c2a0885bd74e1e1628db36ccbbbd2.jpeg

11:30 Solo Traveller's and Single Get-Together

The R-Bar is open to anyone on the ship and there won't be anyone from the crew there to facilitate the get together.  It's left up to those that attend to make something of it.  

Don't count on relying on those.....not sure how many ppl attend and to be honest....its pretty hard to tell who is there for the solo meet up and whos is there for a drink and not single.

My advice would be to spend some time where its causal and open areas...easy to move around and strike up conversations. of course, getting involved in some of the activities may make it easier to start up a conversation with someone during the event or seeing them after and chatting to them about it..

if your a smoker, you will have no probably meeting people to hang out with......

3 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Don't count on relying on those.....not sure how many ppl attend and to be honest....its pretty hard to tell who is there for the solo meet up and whos is there for a drink and not single.

My advice would be to spend some time where its causal and open areas...easy to move around and strike up conversations. of course, getting involved in some of the activities may make it easier to start up a conversation with someone during the event or seeing them after and chatting to them about it..

if your a smoker, you will have no probably meeting people to hang out with......

I went to one the first night of my Mariner cruise up at Ellington's and there was nobody there, lol.  I'm one of those people who's totally ok hanging with myself though, so it didn't bother me.

I went to the singles/solo trivia a few times and I seemed to be the only solo traveler. Plus, they lied, people played in groups. I played on my own which annoyed me because they had a better chance of winning. At the end of the day I'm fine on my own and met enough people when I wanted to.

20 hours ago, monctonguy said:

I definitely agree. While these events exist, I have never found them to be particularly helpful because they are sparely attended.

Speaking from experience, Royal doesn’t do a very good job IMO for the solo/single cruiser. Don’t waste your time going to those solo events because nobody knows who’s who. KLA made a great point and it’s something I did and that is ask to be seated at a large table in the MDR. I made a ton of friends this way. Get to know the staff, they are very helpful and friendly and can be a big help. Also a lot of cruises these days have Facebook groups created and that’s a great way to meet new people, even Cruise Critic. I went through the exact thing you did in 2016 and now I cruise with tons of friends and I haven’t looked back. Good kuck!