Milk allowed? (non infant)

ThyriC

So I was looking over what's allowed and not allowed and I realized my husband drinks a lot of milk.  Like.... a lot a lot of milk.  Like, can outdrink my soda consumption in milk.  Usually as a heartburn remedy but also just because he likes it.  Is it permitted to carryon some of those little jugs (the 8oz ones you pack in kids' lunches) or small cartons of milk?  I know Royal's website says "for dietary reasons" but I dont have a clue what that means in terms of "he likes it for heartburn remedy".  We dont have a doctor's note or anything requiring that he drinks milk or anything.

I realize they do have milk onboard, that's not the issue, I just wanted a little bit in the cabin in case of nighttime heartburn (as I'm sure he'll get from overindulging in the amazing food).  If its not possible, would it be possible to request it in the mini bar for an extra charge?  Mini bar milk is better than no milk!

From Royal Caribbean's website:

On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted. 

You can also go to the Windjammer in the morning and snag a few milks for your cabin fridge, that shouldn't be an issue at all.

42 minutes ago, KLA said:

One option to consider might be ordering some cartons of milk from the continental room service menu (or just asking for some on board from the Windjammer or similar) and storing them in your mini fridge - I don't think you'd have to pay extra for them. 

I like this idea a lot, and no need to lug onboard the milk!  Thanks!

The beverage coolers found in many room are not refrigerators and do a poor job getting beer cold enough.  They are designed to cool beverages, but not keep food cold like a refrigerator at home will.  If I recall they sometimes have a sticker that warns that they only cool around 50-55°F.  

If your milk requires refrigeration like at home (~ 35°F) then factor that into your decision to bring milk versus sourcing it on the ship.

Wondering if you could just bring on a 12 pack of the lunch milks in the cartons... (Like the ones that are like juice boxes, but milk instead).  These are stable on the shelf so even if the fridge doesn't keep them max cold, you could still drink them.  The other option is ask for ice in the ice bucket, get a milk or two in the windjammer each day, and then keep the ice bucket in the fridge (with the milk in it).  Jane

We took a 10 pack of Quik milk in December for our daughter.  She has to have milk with her medicine and it needs to be chocolate or she won't take it.  Only once in 5 nights could we get chocolate milk in Windjammer because they were always out of chocolate.  We had to count it towards our carry on beverage limit but we had 3 cabins so it worked for us.

10 hours ago, twangster said:

The beverage coolers found in many room are not refrigerators and do a poor job getting beer cold enough.  They are designed to cool beverages, but not keep food cold like a refrigerator at home will.  If I recall they sometimes have a sticker that warns that they only cool around 50-55°F.  

If your milk requires refrigeration like at home (~ 35°F) then factor that into your decision to bring milk versus sourcing it on the ship.

This is a good point.  I think what I'll do is order a little extra at breakfast every day and keep it cool in the ice bucket, and then utilize the free room service for milk in the evening (we're in a suite so the room service is no charge)  I think that'll suffice.  Even if they charge for the milk through room service (I dont think there's a charge for milk from room service) it'll be worth it if he gets heartburn.  Its nothing that a few Tums wont cure, but I'd rather have what he prefers available.  

22 hours ago, ThyriC said:

I realize they do have milk onboard, that's not the issue, I just wanted a little bit in the cabin in case of nighttime heartburn (as I'm sure he'll get from overindulging in the amazing food).  If its not possible, would it be possible to request it in the mini bar for an extra charge?  Mini bar milk is better than no milk!

Over the years, we've hoarded our fair share of milk for our kids.  There is ample supply onboard, and almost always milk available somewhere onboard.

Not sure which ship, but Windjammer or Cafe Promenade are always great places to get some.  

I don't know I'd hassle yourself with bringing milk onto the ship. There is plenty available onboard and they do not care if you grab a bunch to bring back to your room.