Deluxe Beverage Packages

Joanne K

Yes.  Keep an eye on your cruise planner for sales.  Definitely do NOT wait to buy it on the ship - it will always be more than the cruise planner.  When you find it for a price you are willing to pay, buy it.  But then keep checking back for a lower price.  If it goes on sale, just cancel and re-purchase.  It will take a few days for the credit to appear on the credit card, so keep that in mind with your billing cycles.  You may not get the refund credit on the same statement as your new charge.  

Yes yes YES!  Keep your eyes peeled on your cruise planner or ask your travel agent to notify you of any sales for your particular cruise.  When the price drops to the point where you're comfortable with it, pounce.  If the cost goes down from there, you can always cancel and rebook the beverage package.  

Keep your eyes also on the drinks and voom package.  If you're going to get the internet package anyways, it can be a significant savings.  

For my sailing the drink package alone only went as low as 52 per person, but the drinks + voom package was 62 per person.  A SIGNIFICANT savings that I pounced on.   But I was going to get both anyway.  Obviously if you have no or little intention on getting the internet package, its not a bargain if you're not going to use it.  

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, WaterBaby said:

Right now the deluxe drink package is $49 is that a "better than usual price" ?

This is my first cruise not really sure what a good or bad price is. 

$49 has been the running average price from what I've noticed. Sometimes it will jump up to $52 or even $59 at times. The lowest I've noticed in the past few months has been $46.

On board price you're looking at the $66 to $70 range. As of late on the first day they've been running a BOGO50 promotion for the first day. However on board discounts are never a guarantee.

Price changes can happen anytime, not necessarily on a day basis but on an hour basis.

I just noticed that prices in the Cruise Planner have changed, some up and some down, possibly because of the holiday approaching.

As others have said, buy your item when you are comfortable with the price and watch for reduced prices.

Hi all, also read the fine print for alcohol included pricing..... “ each adult of legal drinking age assigned to the same stateroom MUST purchase this package”. I watched for two years, best price I got for HOTS sailing in June 2019  was a Deluxe Beverage Pkg plus VOOM one device was $62. 

6 minutes ago, RTripp said:

Hi all, also read the fine print for alcohol included pricing..... “ each adult of legal drinking age assigned to the same stateroom MUST purchase this package”. I watched for two years, best price I got for HOTS sailing in June 2019  was a Deluxe Beverage Pkg plus VOOM one device was $62. 

Yes, everyone over 21 in a room must purchase the Ultimate Drink Package, unless there are medical, religious, recovery addict, etc.. But to get this exemption you have to call Royal and request it, cannot be done from the web page.

BTW, if you figure $11.99 for VOOM that leaves you $50 for the UDP which is not a bad price. 

• 1 month later...

Hi all just got back from HOTS first time cruise. The VOOM pkgs go on sale immidiately before we sailed. As good a price as Black Friday. I had bought a combination drink & VOOM so i did not bother to get a better deal to save maybe 5 bucks. Oh PS do NOT buy a stupid RC cup. I thought i might need the cool cups and bought  off ebay, RC large insulated coffe as well as drink cups. NOT used at all... the cups took up WAY to much luggage space & they gave us drink cups in our room for the drink pkgs. Never used any of the cups. They give you disposablecups on ship and ceramic or disposable coffee cups. I have trouble on stairs & thought i would need both hands to traverse the steps. But bartenders/ drink stations were plentiful. Only two places for the stupid soda machine, Fuel(kids area Mini Bites deck 15) and somewhere else i never found. Went to use at Fuel, spent 10 min inline & gave up since they could not get it to work.  ****BUY your own silicone or whatever straws & bring with you, the paper are so flimsy& melt in your mouth uckie. Bring extra, we kepy forgetting to remove.