Clothes You Should Pack for an April Transatlantic cruise

Joanne K

In the middle of the Atlantic the air temperature is usually pretty close to the sea temperature as there is no land to influence it.  My transatlantic is a couple weeks after yours.

I'll bring some long pants, a couple pairs of shorts, some t-shirts, some long sleeve shirts, a light jacket and a rain coat just in case it's raining anywhere along the journey.   If you tend to run on the cool side, bring a sweater or two, fleece or medium jacket, depending where you are from.  Me in Colorado will find it easier to deal with moderate temperatures compared to someone from Florida.  

Formal isn't as formal as it used to be.  That is personal though.  Many people like to dress up but that isn't an absolute requirement.  Many people will appear 'business casual' even on formal nights.  

I am from Connecticut and gets really cold temperatures just like Colorado, but that’s because connictcut is more north or Colorado and 3 states south of Canada, But now I live in Florida and I can tell you that the further north you drive through Florida the colder that it gets for the south of Florida. 

Different areas of Florida are colder then other areas. For example: The city’s close to Georgia and in the pan handle are colder then the cities in the southern area of the northern part of the state, cities to the northwest like Tampa are colder then cities in central and southeast and south Florida, and cities that are in central, southeast and southwest Florida are colder then those cities in the south of Florida.

Also because I am from the northern United States and have gotten use to the Florida winters I sometimes house I don’t even wear a jacket when I leave my house.

On 2/19/2019 at 12:40 AM, twangster said:

In the middle of the Atlantic the air temperature is usually pretty close to the sea temperature as there is no land to influence it.  My transatlantic is a couple weeks after yours.

I'll bring some long pants, a couple pairs of shorts, some t-shirts, some long sleeve shirts, a light jacket and a rain coat just in case it's raining anywhere along the journey.   If you tend to run on the cool side, bring a sweater or two, fleece or medium jacket, depending where you are from.  Me in Colorado will find it easier to deal with moderate temperatures compared to someone from Florida.  

Formal isn't as formal as it used to be.  That is personal though.  Many people like to dress up but that isn't an absolute requirement.  Many people will appear 'business casual' even on formal nights.  

Thank you for this information. It is really helpful and appreciated.