hotels at or near port liberty

tracyst

I will be cruising out of Port Liberty on Anthem of the Seas this summer.  I will be taking Amtrak to a station near the port.  At this point I am unsure which station that I will go to.  What hotel is a good choice for a stay the night before my cruise?  Thanks for any suggestions.

For Amtrak stops you have two main options: Newark Penn Station and New York Penn Station (confusing I know, they were both owned at one time by the Pennsylvania Railroad).  If you want to stay in Manhattan and do that thing before the cruise get off at New York Penn Station.  If you want to avoid all of that, get off at Newark.  I would recommend hotels by the airport/Elizabeth or in Jersey City.  Jersey City also has the advantage of being able to take the PATH train to Manhattan for cheap and nice views of the NY skyline.  I made a little map to help.  Have fun and I am super jealous. 

Port Liberty.jpeg

1 hour ago, tiny260 said:

Embassy Suites, Elizabeth, NJ, seems to get votes from most, I have not stayed there but have it booked for a cruise in July.

+1 on Embassy Suites in Elizabeth, NJ.  We'll be there with @tiny260 and a few others in July.

@tracystI wrote about this hotel in my Anthem blog (link in signature below).  Pics and description in the blog.