Rumors of Crown And Anchor Points/Tiers Changes?

jmientus

I'm already dealing with a Starbucks Rewards restructuring; I can't handle another change in reward systems at this moment, especially when I'm about to hit Diamond. ;)

As to the Starbucks change, I don't think it's going to be real beneficial to us vets, but who knows.  You know they aren't trying to make it easier for us.

Same for C&A - I hope it will improve but I imagine it's probably more of an attempt to lure noobs (good thing I'm such a seasoned croozer!).

• 2 weeks later...

latest on the rumors and probable happenings  .... a post from "a person who should know"(lol)  dated April 17th

April 17th: On, or around, May 1, Royal Caribbean will announce and/or implement the changes in the Crown and Anchor program.

No more Welcome Back (repeaters) Party on any ship. The Trials with this, on two ships back in February (?), was considered a success. Top Tier will continue.

Meal with an Officer will be for D+ (340) only and Pinnacles will have a meal at the Captain's Table or Specialty Rest. with the Capt. or HD.

No change in Tiers or Points structure.

Some other benefits for D+ and Pinnacles that I could not get the precise details.

All ships were notified two days ago so that they could prepare for the changes.

Rumors still persist that Diamond members will lose lounge privileges but still have their drink vouchers ship wide during set hours.

I personally think that this will probably be rolled out over the fleet in the coming months.  I also do not believe any rumors about points and tier changes.  It is a fact that the number of Diamond ranks have grown so quickly that the lounges are not even close to being able to handle the numbers of patrons.  C&A should have changed the lounge thing when the vouchers came out.  A missed opportunity to giving one bene while taking one bene.   We will find out if this is true by this weekend.. I am going on Oasis Saturday so will see for sure about this.     

• 2 weeks later...

We are Diamond Plus and just completed the April 30 cruise on Oasis and to my surprise and many on the ship the reserved seating perk in theaters and Studio B is no longer available to Diamond Plus members. So this is a take away if it continues. There is confusion at corporate as I complained and they were unaware!

Everyone needs to understand that C & A is not design to give away stuff. It is a marketing tool that the company uses. The goal is to keep customers and get more money form us. Once the ships are at 100% capacity the need to offer extras goes down. The more people that make it in C & A and use benefits that cost the company dollars out of pocket, the closer Royal will look at making changes to the program. It is just marketing. 

We also just cruised on Oasis on 4/30 and are Diamond. We received our first block which is at the 140 tier score. I heard there is another one given. Does anyone know the score for that one? 

Thanks,

Paul

The next one is 210 and every 70 after that. You should receive on the ship you reach the goal for each.

• 3 months later...

After talking to many many officers they have all told me pinnacles are not the problem. So there is no reason to change pinnacle to 1000 points. The problem i hear is the d+ in the suite lounge. They tried to fix it by doing drink coupons and by some ships not expanding the d lounge when the numbers were high. The challenge is an executive kicking the d+ out of suite lounge and dealing with the angry passengers. I haven't heard, are d+ angry they can't go into suite lounges on oasis class ships? Can they go into quantum ships?

• 4 weeks later...

We also just cruised on Oasis on 4/30 and are Diamond. We received our first block which is at the 140 tier score. I heard there is another one given. Does anyone know the score for that one? 

Thanks,

Paul

This is new to us. We are currently Diamond and sitting on 122 points with an additional 14 to be added after our October cruise. What is a "block"?

AJ

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

The levels of Crown & Anchor are

Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club.  There is no Silver level.

Did you mean "platinum' ?

Has the minimum qualifying level for Platinum changed ?  It is 30.  Was it something else before ?  Honestly, I cannot remember.  It doesn't look to me like any of the other levels have changed.

4 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Has the minimum qualifying level for Platinum changed ?  It is 30.  Was it something else before ?  Honestly, I cannot remember.  It doesn't look to me like any of the other levels have changed

Hi, It has been 30 for as long as I have been sailing with them so not a recent change.