Deluxe Beverage package

Scarlson91

15 minutes ago, Scarlson91 said:

How many days are required to order this? For example can I order for my last 2 days?

Drink packages have to be purchased for the full voyage.  All adults over 21 in a cabin must purchase it if any adult over 21 purchases it.   

Pricing on board will be much higher than the prices available pre-cruise in the cruise planner, but do allow you to purchase it for the days remaining at a pro-rated price.    The day they stop offering the package on board varies by ship and sail date. 

Typical on board rates are $63 to $70 per person per day.  Currently for Liberty on 4/7/19 I see a rate of $46 per day per person which is a pretty good price.  Gratuity is added to this during check out so add 18% to that.  Once on board since gratuity is paid during purchase, there is no need to tip when using the drink package.

In Texas, the DX package will work as soon as you board, but only Texas approved and tagged liquor can be used until the ship is in international water.  Certain beers, wine and liquor not allowed in Texas are locked away until the ship is 12 miles out to sea.  

If you buy the package today in the cruise planner and the price drops, or if you simply change your mind,  you can refund it up to April 5th at 11:59pm.

A lot of people will buy the package at a price such as this just to lock in the price in case it goes up. 

$46 plus 18% = $54.28 x 7 days = $379.96 for each adult over 21 in the cabin.

On board that same package will sell for around $65 per person plus 18% x 7 days = $537 

If you are thinking at all about the DX package, buy it now.  

It's also available with Voom (internet) as a combo package for $57 per day per person plus 18% gratuity.  

If you are inclined to buy the internet package which sells for $14.99 per day per person the combo plan is a better deal.  

24 minutes ago, Scarlson91 said:

How many days are required to order this? For example can I order for my last 2 days?

I've also heard the 4 days left rule, so I don't think you'll be able to do your final 2 days like that.  Since my sailing is only 4 nights, I didn't dig in to much.  I went ahead and did the drink package/internet deal.  Seemed cleaner and easier to do, plus the added benefit of spreading out the cost of the trip.