Port Canaveral help.. well kinda

RickinSTL

We're going to be in PC/Cocoa Beach for 2 days prior to our cruise..  We will have a rental car that we're dropping off at PC.. 

Do you all think it would be a good idea to drop my wife and our luggage off at the port first, then return the rental and shuttle back to the terminal? 

Or should we drop the rental off first and take all of our stuff to a shuttle? 

I used Alamo when cruising from PC last year and doing it again this year.  Their office is reasonably within walking distance to the port.  So, I drop the family and bags off at the port and return the car then walk back to the port.  Estimating it to be a 5-10 min walk.   Last time I didn’t even have to walk back.  I had a very nice shuttle driver stop and pick me up.  He knew exactly where I was going as he was headed to the same place.  He mentioned a lot of people do the exact same thing.  I tipped him for his kindness.  

Hertz has a shuttle much like any airport shuttle that can accomodate luggage.  The catch is the shuttle can't run until after 10:30am or maybe 11am (port rules).  

Dropping luggage/wife is a sound strategy but depending on timing she may be waiting a while.   I did an $8 Uber rather than waiting for the car rental shuttle since I was before 10am.

My wife and I have done this several times using Alamo.  We typically do a one-way rental from MCO to the port and usually drop the car off at Mullet Road about 10AM, then take the free shuttle to the terminal.  Never waited more than 10-15min for a shuttle; they handle luggage.  At the terminal, hand your bags to a porter and off you go.  Easy peasy.