Question regarding Suite Life

Ndfan89

I am new to Royal Caribbean Cruises and I am definitely new to the Suite Life.  I am going 3/17 on Allure in a loft suite (sky class).  However, I just noticed coastal kitchen is booked my entire cruise.  Is it true  you can make reservations when you get on the ship?  I would hate to not be able to experience it at least one night. Thank you for your help.

24 minutes ago, Ndfan89 said:

I am new to Royal Caribbean Cruises and I am definitely new to the Suite Life.  I am going 3/17 on Allure in a loft suite (sky class).  However, I just noticed coastal kitchen is booked my entire cruise.  Is it true  you can make reservations when you get on the ship?  I would hate to not be able to experience it at least one night. Thank you for your help.

You aren't able to book Coastal Kitchen in advance on Allure with the Cruise Planner. About a week from sailing you should get an email from the Concierge. Reply back and request what dates and time you want.

It also shouldn't be an issue if you request reservations onboard, just do it first time. Keep in mind lunch is offered all week including boarding day. So if you get on prior 1:30 that might be a good option.

Coastal Kitchen is my favourite! Nothing beats dining there with the view. IMO, CK rivals any specialty restaurant, make sure you eat there every night if you can. Nights 1&3 are my favourite menu wise. 

The process to reserve seating is exactly as @CGTLH described. There should be no reason why the concierge cannot get you in for your requested times if you are in a loft suite. The only time I can remember those in suites had trouble getting in was on sailings where there are a lot of pinnacle members, like the President's cruise.

I stayed in a JS (junior Suite) when I was on Oasis in December and could eat only dinner in the coastal kitchen but did not know that I should have made reservations when I got onboard so I went to the coastal kitchen later in the afternoon thinking that I would be able to make reservations for every night of the week but I was only able to make reservations for the coastal kitchen for only 3 nights of the week and the other 4 nights I was stuck having dinner at either the windjammer (the Buffet) or the MDR (main dining room). WHEN YOUR STAYING IN A SUITE ALWAYS BOOK THE COASTAL KITCHEN WHEN YOU GET ONBOARD. Don’t waist until later to book the coastal kitchen or else you might not be able to dine in the CK and would be stuck with eating at either the windjammer or the MDR. 

4 hours ago, Jess said:

I stayed in a JS (junior Suite) when I was on Oasis in December and could eat only dinner in the coastal kitchen but did not know that I should have made reservations when I got onboard so I went to the coastal kitchen later in the afternoon thinking that I would be able to make reservations for every night of the week but I was only able to make reservations for the coastal kitchen for only 3 nights of the week and the other 4 nights I was stuck having dinner at either the windjammer (the Buffet) or the MDR (main dining room). WHEN YOUR STAYING IN A SUITE ALWAYS BOOK THE COASTAL KITCHEN WHEN YOU GET ONBOARD. Don’t waist until later to book the coastal kitchen or else you might not be able to dine in the CK and would be stuck with eating at either the windjammer or the MDR. 

In a JS you might not have faired any better if you went straight to CK upon boarding.  While CK is a published benefit of booking a JS they don't encourage it and give priority to full suites and Pinnacles.  You are lucky you got 3 nights in CK.

1 hour ago, Ndfan89 said:

Where on board do I book the coastal kitchen reservation?

Best answer right here:

On 2/15/2019 at 8:18 PM, CGTLH said:

About a week from sailing you should get an email from the Concierge. Reply back and request what dates and time you want.

If you don't go that route and wait until you are onboard, visit Coastal Kitchen upon boarding and make them for the week on the spot, or call CK or the Suite Concierge from your cabin phone.  A letter in your cabin should include the onboard phone number (only works onboard, can't call them from land).

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure about Allure but on Harmony, the sail away party for suite guests from Fort Lauderdale was on the suite sun deck.  There was a variety of snacks (chips, fresh fruit, etc.) set up.  Then on Day 3, there was a sail away party, from Labadee, for suite guests on the helipad.  Senior officers were there and drinks were in full supply.

3 minutes ago, Ndfan89 said:

One more question ... I get on Allure 3/17 and have not heard from the concierge yet.  Should I be worried or what is the time frame they reach out? I am in sky class in a loft suite 

lynn

Typical reach out time is 6-7 days before sailing.

On 3/3/2019 at 4:53 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Then on Day 3, there was a sail away party, from Labadee, for suite guests on the helipad.  Senior officers were there and drinks were in full supply.

This was the case also on Allure on our January cruise.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:28 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Coastal Kitchen is my favourite! Nothing beats dining there with the view. IMO, CK rivals any specialty restaurant, make sure you eat there every night if you can. Nights 1&3 are my favourite menu wise. 

The process to reserve seating is exactly as @CGTLH described.

A few follow up questions.  

Is there much variation between the CK for the different ships.  We will be on Ovation for Alaska in a few months (yea, it is actually getting close) and from what I have researched it appears they have just a standard menu.  We know the layout and location are a little different, so really wondering about differences of the menus most of all and maybe the reservation system.  

Should we expect different dinner menus on certain nights on Ovation?  We are planning on doing a few different specialty restaurants and CK was probably going to be our fall back option but now I am wondering about possibly making plans for specific evenings ahead of sailing.  

1 hour ago, ScooterScott22 said:

A few follow up questions.  

Is there much variation between the CK for the different ships.  We will be on Ovation for Alaska in a few months (yea, it is actually getting close) and from what I have researched it appears they have just a standard menu.  We know the layout and location are a little different, so really wondering about differences of the menus most of all and maybe the reservation system.  

Should we expect different dinner menus on certain nights on Ovation?  We are planning on doing a few different specialty restaurants and CK was probably going to be our fall back option but now I am wondering about possibly making plans for specific evenings ahead of sailing.  

From what I know, they have standard CK menus now across the fleet. The only difference is the atmosphere. CK on OA class has better views because of its location with the suite lounge.