1st time cruiser..

travelbug

Hi everyone.

would love any advice on what to expect on  my cruise.. I set sail from Fremantle heading to south island of New Zealand.

I do have a few questions.

1. I have fully paid for my cruise including prepaid tips..Want to no the best places to eat that are included in my cruise??

2. Are there free coffee machines on board?? If not can you get coffee sent to your room without a cost??

3. Do I pay in US dollars..

4. Is the gym free?

5.Is wifi free???

6.Any need for sickness pills?? If so what should i bring..

7.at the end of the cruise if I need to pay for anything can this be done in cash? If so should I take US dollars?

Thanks for your time, anything else i should no please tell me..

Regular coffee is available in the dining room and at the buffet; you'll be charged for specialty coffees. The main dining room serves the best food onboard in my opinion for what is included. The dining room, buffet, pizza, and room service are complimentary although you will be charged a late night delivery charge for room service very late at night or very early in the morning (e.g., before 0500).

Sea sickness medal can be found in a dispenser outside the medical center, so there's no need to bring your own unless you have a preferred brand.

The gym is free. I'll need to let the others answer the rest.

I'll tackle numbers 3 and 7. There is no cash on board, your set sail pass acts as a credit card and room key, it's all you need. At the end of the cruise they will bill your real credit card with any charges, or you can pay your bill down with cash during the cruise at the guest relations desk.

At any time you can check the ballance of your setsail pass on the tv in your room.

Answers in bold below!

Welcome!

1. I have fully paid for my cruise including prepaid tips..Want to no the best places to eat that are included in my cruise??

Main dining room & windjammer.  All food is free minus the specialty restaurants

2. Are there free coffee machines on board?? If not can you get coffee sent to your room without a cost??

Yes coffee is available at Windjammer and Cafe Promenade/Cafe Latte-tudes

3. Do I pay in US dollars..

Not 100% sure how this works in Australia but this is usually the case

4. Is the gym free?

Gym is free (free weights, machines, treadmills...everything you can do on your own. Classes have extra cost

5.Is wifi free???

No. Costs are here: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/06/16/royal-caribbean-wifi-internet-what-you-need-know

6.Any need for sickness pills?? If so what should i bring..

Depends on the person. I always bring Bonine with me just in case.  

7.at the end of the cruise if I need to pay for anything can this be done in cash? If so should I take US dollars?

Yes, make payment before you disembark at Guest Services

• 2 weeks later...

I often pay down my balance and yes its in US Cash at the Guest services

desk - and you can pay it off in cash at the end before you disembark but

get there early, as a long line forms disembarkation morning

GYM is free, however they do offer yoga, spin and other classes that are not

always free but have a nominal cost charged to your room.  These will usually

be listed in your Daily Compass  - and the Gym itself usually has a copy for the whole cruise

you can pick up.

The bottom line here is...if you are not a drinker (alcohol or soda), you can easily cruise without spending another dime (on the ship, at least....) after you have paid off your cruise.

Although I have only done this ONCE (and it was way back when I first started cruising), it can be done...and we had a wonderful cruise ! I was a little annoyed with myself once I found out that I had had a $50 OBC that I failed to use b/c I didn't know it was there, but that was just a rooky mistake which was NEVER repeated.

There is plenty to eat and drink which will not cost you ANYthing additional. If you want alcohol, soda or specialty coffees they are extra but if you don't need those, you are good-to-go. The "free" food is excellent. No need to spend anything more on specialty restaurants unless you just WANT to do that.