Ultimate Dining Package time, spa reservation conflict, and muster?

Baked Alaska

I would like to schedule spa service for 8:00 PM, however we have the Ultimate Dining Package with a time span of 6:30pm to 8:30pm. When I attempt to book the spa service in the Cruise Planner, it tells me that there is a scheduling conflict. Can I go ahead and schedule the spa service or will it cancel our entire Ultimate Dining Package? 

Edited by Baked Alaska
Added muster to conversation

@Baked Alaska, I just checked my Symphony cruise planner as this is the only sailing that I have purchased the UDP on.  Mine says 6-8pm but, like you, it is only for the first night.  This is my first time with the UDP too, so I have no good advice to give here.  But I am following this thread closely to learn what others have done with this.  And why is it only blocked for the first night??

As you proceed through check out it will flag the conflict in schedule but you should have the choice to go ahead anyways.  It will let you overlap reservations.  

Once on board book UDP reservations right away.  Tell them what time you want to avoid a conflict.

Keep in mind sail away time leaving Seward:  7:30pm muster followed by 8pm sail away.  

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Keep in mind sail away time leaving Seward:  7:30pm muster followed by 8pm sail away.  

How does one schedule say, a massage, during a muster drill? "Okay, wake up! Put your robe on, look out for drafts, go to your muster station. Oh, and come back so I can talk to you about Elemis."

Just now, Hoski said:

It only gives the first night time because you need to make your reservations once on board for the other nights.  They will assign you a time and location for the first night but you usually can change that once on board.

When do you find out what they assigned you for the first night?

21 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Go to any restaurant or if you see a table set up selling specialty dining go there.  

On Oasis I saw a table in the promenade 30’ from where I boarded.  I went straight there.  On Navigator they had a podium set up right after entering the ship from outdoors.  

41 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It's on a card in your cabin when you arrive.  Hubby took the card to the restaurant listed and changed the first night place and time.  He also made the reservations for the rest of the evenings. 

22 minutes ago, Hoski said:

It's on a card in your cabin when you arrive.  Hubby took the card to the restaurant listed and changed the first night place and time.  He also made the reservations for the rest of the evenings. 

I don't wait for cabins to become available to get the letter.  By that point good reservations are already being taken by folks like me that deal with it straight after boarding.  

10 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

And why is it only blocked for the first night??

The UDP is only blocked for the first night because that is the time frame that you have selected for your group to have dinner on the first night and the ship will make the reservation for you at any of the speciality restaurants for the first night but for the other nights you will have to make dinner and sea days lunch reservations at the one of the speciality restaurants and (I believe) that while at just one speciality restaurant you can make dinner or sea days lunch reservations for the other speciality restaurants at whatever time (does not have to be the same time that you selected to have dinner the first night of your cruise) that you would like for the other nights of your cruise.