suites

cookie10*

The Loft suites are truly special.  From the first time you enter to the last the two story glass windows never get old.   

The massive shower with three shower heads is very unique.   The downstairs full bathroom, even with just two of us in the suite was very convenient.  

Waking up and seeing the full glass views off the side of the ship with nothing but two stories of ocean view is like no other suite.

Conveniently located near the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen you feel like you are in a different class.  Like flying first class on an airplane you are separated from the masses (even though Oasis class ships handle the masses quite well).  I loved being able to run down the hall to the suite lounge to grab a drink or to have a drink while waiting for someone to get ready.  Sure, any GS or above has access to the suite longe but it's an elevator ride away.  

I've done loft suites twice and a GS on Oasis class.  Closely matched in price and both Sky Class the clear winner is the Crown Loft Site.   I only sailed in a GS because the CLS were sold out.  

I've never stayed in an Owners Suite so I can't compare them to a CLS.  I think the balcony is bigger for an OS.

We prefer the OS on the Allure. To us it feels more spacious, as you know the storage space is insane, and we love the giganitic balcony. Honestly, as big as the loft suites are, they feel so narrow/tight to me for some reason (more so than the videos and photos I had seen prepared me for... ). As someone already mentioned, I can see an upside to being near the CL and lounge if you plan on eating all meals there and the lounge is something you use often. But we like a variety and so Deck 10’s OS puts us in a good location to access everything.  Just my 1.5 cents ??‍♀️ But if you have stayed in the OS maybe you want to try a Loft.

I have stayed in Junior suites, Grand Suites, Owners Suites (O class and Non-O class) and finely a Star Loft Suite (1718 Allure January 2019) and the Star Loft Suite is the best of them all. I even had a bum knee from Knee surgery so climbing the stairs was no picnic. It's wasn't just because of the Genie, it was the room the deck and the view. I will do it again as soon as I can afford one.

You are kind of centrally located, lets say back of the middle, the back bank of elevators is only a few steps away from most rooms. So I agree with @WAAAYTOOO , very convenient IMO.

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No doubt about it.  You are already past the point of return.  This will just solidify that !

Truth from one suite snob to another ?

2 hours ago, twangster said:

In about a month's time hubster doesn't stand a chance suggesting an ocean view again...

That ship sailed long ago!  But he can dream...?

I agree with Twangster and others.  We were in a CLS on the Oasis last June and it was quite an experience.  For some reason the prices dropped and we were able to upgrade into it for about $400 more than our Junior Suite.  Probably wont happen again but I keep looking.   One thing I dont understand was why they changed showers in the CLS when they made the other Oasis class ships.  The large shower with three heads are gone in the other ships.  Our room was next to the elevators so it was real short walk to the Coastal Kitchen and suite lounge.  Dont remember any noise coming from the elevators or the Coastal Kitchen.   Would love to do it again.

7 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I imagine the kids are already ganging up on him, too. "Dad, we don't need any college savings! We're fine with community colleges, just keep us in suites our whole lives!"

Lol...D10 already wants to join the message boards.  That cannot be a good sign for the university savings!

Since you've always done the Owners suite, I'd give the CLS a try.  Just even for the experience of it to see if you'd like the 2 level suite rather than the single level.    The convenience does seem like a selling point if you like the coastal kitchen for dining.  And closeness to the elevators is a plus in my book.  I usually like switching things up every now and again to give it that new and exciting feel

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

+1 on this point alone.  The only way I would pass on a CLS is if someone in my party has mobility issues.

There is at least one CLS that is designated as accessible.  Has it's own elevator within the suite to the second level and the bathroom is different to suit accessible needs.