Mystery Dinner Theater

Mathew Jones

Hey all,

I was looking in the entertainment section and noticed that there is a mystery dinner theater.  Looking at the price, $79 on our sailing, it seemed to be a pretty good deal.  Has anyone been to this on Liberty of the Seas?  It is a little disappointing that the only show is on the first night, but that is the only day that they offered it.  Also, for anyone that has been to the show, what is the recommended attire for the evening?  Must be fairly lenient since it is at 6:30 day one.  Thanks in advance for any feedback. 

For whatever reason, they always only offer this event on the first night.  We did it MANY years ago....can't remember which ship.  I enjoyed it.  Dan did not.  I seem to recall a special menu from [at the time] Portofino's.  I think it was worth it to do it once.  I don't think we would do it again.  Dress code was casual.

We did the Mystery Dinner Theater on Indy  several years ago, but it was not on the first night back then. We were sad to see the change to the first night because it looks like Adventure Ocean isn't open yet, only for registration. We would book it again if it were any another night as DH and I really had a good time. Keep in mind it's not supposed to be Shakespeare, it's supposed to be a fun who-dun-it, spoofy, maybe a little silly at times event. 

As far as clothes go, I don't think they can be too demanding since it is day one. What you would wear to the main dining room on day one should be fine.  Also, there is no dress code listed in the cruise planner like there is for the specialty restaurants.