If it weren't for bad luck ...

tdcackler

So, they cancelled our 2/24 sailing on the Navigator. Sigh. This is the second time we've booked with RCI and both times they've cancelled our cruise. What, is my money not good enough? ?

Sorry - if I don't laugh, I'll cry. Now I'm trying to figure out if we just go to Florida for a week or do we scrap it all and reschedule or pick another line? Sigh. I really do want to give RC a try, but why do they have to make it so stinking hard?!

At this rate, I may as well cancel our cruise next February just to get ahead of the curve and spare the other passengers the trouble. ?

13 minutes ago, bhageerah said:

Sorry to hear about your bad luck?  Is there not another sailing that is close to your sail date? 

We are  were set to sail a week from Friday with four of us. Either everything is full or way out of our price range, especially on short notice. 

Ugh, I'm really sorry to hear that @tdcackler With the future cruise credit you are getting, whichever RC sailing you pick next will be quite cheap for you.......assuming it's not cancelled (too soon?)

In situations like this, did they offer you alternative sailings to pick? 

Some similar options are Brilliance 4-nighter out of Tampa, 3 or 4 nighter Mariner out of Miami. But as you said, it may be too close in for any kind of a reasonable price or availability.

1 hour ago, tdcackler said:

So, they cancelled our 2/24 sailing on the Navigator. Sigh. This is the second time we've booked with RCI and both times they've cancelled our cruise. What, is my money not good enough? ?

At this rate, I may as well cancel our cruise next February just to get ahead of the curve and spare the other passengers the trouble. ?

Ugh, that sounds SUPER frustrating. I'd be really let down too! 

I know it's not a particularly helpful comment (and not always the case in cancellations), but this is why I try really hard to avoid cruises that follow shortly after a dry dock... especially after all the craziness that happened after the Empress renovation a couple years ago. 

3 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Still out of price range even with a 50% off coupon?

Sorry to hear that....I would look hard for another cruise on the same schedule and call them to try and get the price down to where you can stomach it

we got a really good deal on this cruise- so the 50% off voucher (based on what we paid for this sailing) is nice - and we will use it - on our cruise on LOS next year it is not enough to cover rebooking in the next month or so for anything out of FLL/Miami.  We've seen a few people get on NCL Jade or Carnival Victory - but they went fast.  With a family of 4 - we weren't able to get on any similar date cruises in the area.  I am still hopeful for our cruise next February. 

56 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Still out of price range even with a 50% off coupon?

Sorry to hear that....I would look hard for another cruise on the same schedule and call them to try and get the price down to where you can stomach it

It's a 50% credit based on what we paid for this one. We had a kids free and 60% off the second person.