Dolphin experience

Suma

Can anyone make recommendations for the best Dolphin experience?  We will be stopping in St. Kitts, St. Thomas and Nassau.  I've been looking into the Blue Lagoon in the Bahamas but not all members of our group want to actually swim with the dolpnins and the excursion price for them is still $92 through RC,  Any suggestions?

Hi @Suma! I think I remember reading in another post that if you're going to book through Royal, you should just book the folks who actually want to swim and not any spectators. Then, after boarding, you can go to Guest Services and let them know you want to add additional people to the excursion as spectators and you can get the lower rate.

As far as which one is the best, I can tell you that I went to the one in St. Kitts and it was very enjoyable. The staff seemed to really know and care about the dolphins in their care. You can read about my experience and see some of the photos I purchased in my Freedom semi-live blog (link in my signature). For a general comparison, I'd say check out Trip Advisor and look up reviews on each; you want to see regular comments that the dolphins looked well-cared for and that the staff were attentive to them.

Blue Lagoon you can just get a pass for the beach day, you don’t have to pay the same amount if you aren’t doing the encounter.

we did the Atlantis dolphin excursion and the dolphin part was good but the rest of the day was just ok. We had planned to do Blue Lagoon but they sold out. If we ever go back to Nassau we would ty Blue Lagoon.