Any recommendation for pre cruise hotel Fort Lauderdale?

Jillyalex

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Plantation several times before cruises.  Although we drive to the hotel, we have been able to park at hotel for free(7 day cruise) and shuttle to and from the cruise port (10-15min drive).  I would ck and make sure but my guess they would do the same for an airport/cruise shuttle.

Ahh plantation my backyard... no one ever knows plantation so I just say I live in Ft. Lauderdale...

yes, I know what you mean,  I was born and raised in Fl so I'm familiar with most areas of Fl.  We enjoyed walking around that large shopping area near the hotel and even driving to Dania to do some antique shopping in their antique district.  That area is really nice but a little more crowded than I'm used to.

Good evening,

Any recommendations for a clean, decent hotel for night before cruise.. Would prefer to have a shuttle from Airport and possibly to the Cruise terminal.

Thank you very much,

Jill 

We had very good luck staying at the Crowne Plaza.; excellent staff, a decent restaurant in the hotel and good service all the way around.  As a bonus I could see Oasis of the Seas from the hotel when we went to breakfast....  free shuttle from air port and they arranged a shuttle to the port for (I think) about $8 per person. I used the shuttle (All Stars) to get from port to airport when we returned.

http://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/fort-lauderdale/fllhi/hoteldetail

Not that this is particularly helpful to the OP's question, but we have gone out of Port Everglades twice and both times we flew into Orlando and spent the night there.  It was cheaper for the airfare and rental car than the flights to FLL.  Once we returned from FLL, the other from MCO.  Both times we stayed the night at a Disney Vacation Club property so I saved there since I could use my points for the room.  The time we went back from MCO we spent a post cruise night at a DVC property.

If you don't mind the drive (and it's an easy one) then it is worth considering given some the pricing in and out of FLL.

• 7 months later...

For my January 2016 cruise, I will be in the Best Western Plus (Oceanside Inn) Seabreeze Blvd

The price is "OK" for an (almost) beach front hotel. 

We stayed there quite a few years ago on a family cruise. It was nice. Nothing fancy, but so close to the beach. :)