Cruise Recommendation

Have not been to Key West so I cannot comment on that.

Had a co-worker that just went to Havana, he and his wife absolutely loved it.

I have been to Cozumel at least 12 times, I still find something new to do every time I'm there.

You might add some additional detail about yourself and if you are cruising solo, partner, married kids etc.. That way people have more reference behind your question.

1 hour ago, tiny260 said:

Have not been to Key West so I cannot comment on that.

Had a co-worker that just went to Havana, he and his wife absolutely loved it.

I have been to Cozumel at least 12 times, I still find something new to do every time I'm there.

You might add some additional detail about yourself and if you are cruising solo, partner, married kids etc.. That way people have more reference behind your question.

Good advice! My husband and I are newly married, we have been on 2 cruises on Oasis and Symphony of the seas and are looking to do as much traveling as we can this year!

I personally think you should do Key West just because so many cruise itineraries go to Cozumel. Cozumel is great don’t get me wrong but you’ll probably end up doing Cozumel so many times in your cruise career that it might be better to do a different port if you have the chance. But you’ll have fun at both 

Key West is great but I think it’s best understood & enjoyed over a longer period of time. We have a conch house in Old Town as a vacation home & make the trip down every other weekend for years & I still haven’t experienced all KW has to offer! You should come back for a long weekend & stay at the Casa Marina! 

I agree with other's statements about Key West - it's one of the few places I'd go back for a longer vacation and be perfectly happy. 

My mom and I turn 30 and 50 one day apart, and we have picked a 5 night cruise on Brilliance to celebrate the occasion on board - Key West as a stop in the itinerary was a huge draw, especially for my mom and step dad since they got married there on Smather's beach. Cozumel is our other stop, and I'm beyond excited to show them Nachi Cocom since they've never stopped there. 

On 2/11/2019 at 5:16 PM, rjac said:

I think Key West would be so darn crowded with a cruise ship or two in port, it would be a ruined trip. Key West is not that big to begin with. I' would go for Cozumel and Cuba. :27_sunglasses:

I have thought that too - I can’t imagine cruise ships docking at Key West and and all those people getting off - and what it’s like to be there when they do. Maybe it’s not as bad as I have imagined, but it’s definitely kept me from any itinerary that includes it (preferring it as a sole destination).

15 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

I have thought that too - I can’t imagine cruise ships docking at Key West and and all those people getting off - and what it’s like to be there when they do. Maybe it’s not as bad as I have imagined, but it’s definitely kept me from any itinerary that includes it (preferring it as a sole destination).

It’s not as bad as you imagine. Most of the cruise ship passengers stick around the Mallory square area so if you venture out a bit there’s not much of a crowd. 

We are on the Empress that week doing these ports so I'm assuming you are looking at the same cruise.  We've done Cozumel tons of times but our youngest two haven't.  We enjoy Cozumel.  We are happy for Key West and very excited for Havana.  Hope to see you join us.