Mobile Passport

whitsmom

I used my Mobile Passport app for the first time on Saturday when we arrived into Atlanta from Punta Cana.  The line was crazy long and we got into the Mobile Passport line and in less than 10 minutes we were done!  We would have been at least an hour in the regular line and probably would have missed our connecting flight.

Just now, SpeedNoodles said:

Interesting - I had the app, but was told it was no longer necessary (by someone, can't remember who).  I disembarked Mariner on Friday and had my passport in hand, but nobody ever asked for it or looked at it - I was stopped by someone who scanned my face, it must have matched up with something they  had on file, and I was on my way - nobody ever looked at my ID of any kind, spoke to me, or looked in my bag.

I flew in from Punta Cana, Dominican Republic to Atlanta airport and had to go thru customs before continuing to my connecting flight.  I think the only port in Florida that uses the Mobile Passport in Port Everglades. 

Just now, whitsmom said:

I flew in from Punta Cana, Dominican Republic to Atlanta airport and had to thru customs before continuing to my connecting flight.  I think the only port in Florida that uses the Mobile Passport in Port Everglades. 

Nobody even looked at my passport when I disembarked in Miami.  Nobody even spoke to me - they scanned my face at the exit, and off I went, without my ID, anything else about me or with me being checked. It was faster than getting out of the airport on a domestic flight, lol.

5 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

I used my Mobile Passport app for the first time

I did this, I believe in 2017 and it worked great, but I did what @SpeedNoodles said last month in Miami when getting off of the Allure and it was a breeze, there was no one in line when we went through the face scanners, my wife had to go to a second machine because the first one didn't work correctly, but that was the only issue. No one looked at our passport, bags and we didn't have to declare anything. The only thing I had bought was some cigars, but I didn't exceed the limit so I knew I was OK.

@SpeedNoodles , how did the house/dog sitter go?

3 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

@SpeedNoodles , how did the house/dog sitter go?

This trip was solo, so my  husband was home taking care of the pack.  We'll be using the sitter in June for our Alaskan cruise on Ovation - and we're hoping it goes so well and that she likes it (and the compensation) that she'll agree to do it again for our Symphony cruise in 2020!  

14 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

This trip was solo, so my  husband was home taking care of the pack.  We'll be using the sitter in June for our Alaskan cruise on Ovation - and we're hoping it goes so well and that she likes it (and the compensation) that she'll agree to do it again for our Symphony cruise in 2020!  

I sort of thought that was the case after I had already hit submit. But wanted to know anyway.

Not to hijack this thread, so this is just an FYI, we are having the same problem, or I should say people are having a problem gaining my wife's trust.

We had a young lady that was sitting for us but then she went off to college a couple of years ago.

7 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

I sort of thought that was the case after I had already hit submit. But wanted to know anyway.

Not to hijack this thread, so this is just an FYI, we are having the same problem, or I should say people are having a problem gaining my wife's trust.

We had a young lady that was sitting for us but then she went off to college a couple of years ago.

Feel free to DM me if you want me to shoot some ideas at ya.

6 minutes ago, Firemanswife2 said:

Can you use Mobile Passport at Port Canaveral?

Not as of December.  I asked, then stood in line like everyone else.  

To be honest it works in airports because a large number of fliers tend to be non-US citizens so having a lane for Mobile Passport or Global Entry works because of the number of eligible people who would qualify for that line.

At a cruise port, the vast majority of guests are eligible to use Mobile Passport so it doesn't work as well in my experience at a cruise port like it does at an airport.