Opinions on Rhapsody?

nda776

13 minutes ago, nda776 said:

Hey All, 

My next cruise is this April 13 on Rhapsody. Just wondering how your experiences have been with Rhapsody of the Seas? Liked? Disliked? 

Well, its a ship well maintained, if you are not expecting a flow rider /zip line , Broadway show etc , you are on the right ship

Pros

Excellent service, nice solarium , lots of public spaces , wonderful chef table (it has separated room), well maintained, not too crowded 

Cons : 

mediocre food options during late night,  suitcase can not be pushed under the bad, missing some of the attractions and promenade. 

I was on the Rhapsody last year and return to it this year , I like the port option which the Rhapsody goes to  

I sailed on Rhapsody last year and live blogged about it: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/category/category/rhapsody-of-the-seas-live-blog

I also shared my thoughts on Rhapsody as a whole in Episode 243 of the podcast: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/podcast/episode-243-rhapsody-of-the-seas-cruise-review

I went on her 2 years ago from Europe and will be returning in 96 days ( not that im counting ) I loved the experience. very different to an oasis class ship but it still has familiar aspects such as chops grille, Giovannis table and the schooner bar to name a few.

The pool area was a good area and we didn't have trouble getting a bed at all.

We will be on Rhapsody March 2020 out of tanks.  We got a great deal on the cruise and are repeating our first itinerary I did with my kids.  Looking forward to my husband going this time.  I'm expecting it to be pretty identical to vision, but this will be my first time sailing the 2nd ship in a class so I think it will be fun to compare!  Jane

I was on Rhapsody about a year ago.  I found the staff really made the difference.  The ship is smaller and offers less then other ships.  The shows aren't as good as they were on Freedom.  Buuuut the staff was amazing.  The cruise director was really into what he was doing. I really enjoyed our time on it and didn't really ever feel it lacked anything.

Having said that , my next cruise is on Harmony because we wanted to see one of the really huge ones.

Our first and only cruise was on Rhapsody back in 2003 when it was out of Galveston. That was so long ago our opinion is really not relevant now....but I'm not busy right now so why not? We didn't have anything to compare to other than I spent years on a missile cruiser as a guest of Uncle Sam....and I have to say, Rhapsody was a lot more FUN!!! lol. My wife enjoyed it and we still reminisce  to this day. We are booking a cruise now on Liberty and it looks to be a bigger ship than Rhapsody....but size really doesn't matter to us (as far as cruise ships go). Rhapsody had an excellent crew back then and we didn't really have any complaints except the parking was horrible. But that had nothing to do with the ship...… I still brag about making enough at blackjack to pay for my cruise. I need to do that again on Liberty!! Y'all have fun!!

On 2/11/2019 at 10:19 AM, nda776 said:

My next cruise is this April 13 on Rhapsody. Just wondering how your experiences have been with Rhapsody of the Seas? Liked? Disliked? 

We sailed on it in 2017, and booked it again for early April this year. Great crew, good price, and nice itinerary.

On 2/11/2019 at 10:45 AM, Traveler said:

Cons :  suitcase can not be pushed under the [bed] 

You can get around this if you leave your luggage folded open rather than zipping it shut.  The bonus is that you can pull it out a little bit, and put your dirty laundry back in it as necessary.

On 2/11/2019 at 10:19 AM, nda776 said:

Hey All, 

My wife and I are also on the 4/13 Rhapsody Cruise (celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary). We are counting down the days!

Our only other experience with Royal was with a smaller ship too...Adventure of the seas in 2016 (pre retrofit). Even though it was a smaller and older ship, the service by the staff more than made up for it. That’s what I expect on the Rhapsody too.

I just sailed on Rhapsody in November. My family and I really enjoyed her, and like everyone else said, the crew was outstanding. I was a little nervous at first, since we had just sailed on a Disney ship last spring, but it turned out that the nerves were unfounded. True, Rhapsody doesn't have all the bells and whistles (and we couldn't get our suitcases under the bed, either), but everything else made up for it. We're looking forward to seeing some of the bigger and newer ships, but we wouldn't hesitate to cruise on her again.

8 hours ago, Joe V said:

My wife and I are also on the 4/13 Rhapsody Cruise (celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary). We are counting down the days!

Our only other experience with Royal was with a smaller ship too...Adventure of the seas in 2016 (pre retrofit). Even though it was a smaller and older ship, the service by the staff more than made up for it. That’s what I expect on the Rhapsody too.

Congratulations.

• 1 month later...

We have a Western Caribbean 7 night booked on Rhapsody for April 2020.    Have been on its sister ship (albeit longer) Enchantment a few times in the past and from what I can tell its setup similarly.   Was looking at a larger ship but the dates and itinerary are what we were looking for.   Namely Roatan since our daughter who is 7 and is very much into sloths can see them in real life.