Room Service

Lakew92

13 minutes ago, Lakew92 said:

Could someone explain to me room service? What they offer and what it all costs? When is it available? I looked for answers but couldn't find much.

The room service menu below has a lunch/dinner section on the left below and a breakfast section on the right below.  

There is a $7.95 (plus 18% service charge) fee per order.  Order one of everything on the menu and it's one $7.95 fee.  Order just one thing and it's $7.95.  Call back 20 minutes later and add one of something else, it's another $7.95.  The fee is per order, not per item.  

For breakfast only the Continental Breakfast is free (no $7.95 fee).  The American Breakfast section is subject to the $7.95 fee.  

If you stay in a Grand Suite or above there is no fee for any room service order.

For breakfast there will be door hang tag that you can fill out the night before and hang on the outside of the cabin door.  They collect them overnight and deliver at the time you select (i.e. 6am - 6:30am, or 7am - 7:30am or 7:30am to 8am, etc).  They typically call first to let you know they are on the way (in the morning only).

If you purchase a drink package, you can NOT use the drink package with room service.  

RadianceAK-Day8-100.jpg.a233197f4b73d16aaa17909756db2117.jpg

1 hour ago, Lakew92 said:

Could someone explain to me room service? What they offer and what it all costs? When is it available? I looked for answers but couldn't find much.

We ordered on Oasis last spring. It was a 7.95  delivery charge (We didn't do the continental) for the two of us. Twangster explains it much better! LOL. Food was hot and pretty good. We had pancakes, eggs and some chicken sausage. Also had pastries, as well as coffee and juice and fruit. Our bellies were beyond full. I'd do it again. No Ala Carte pricing and not 7.95 per person! Remember, there is nothing on the menu that I saw that's not available "free of charge" in the Windjammer! Overall, it was pretty nice. Here's a sample of what comes on the breakfast RS menu on Oasis: 

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS784US784&q=room+service+breakfast+menu+royal+caribbean+oasis+of+the+seas&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiDhNiR27LgAhXoQd8KHVwvBVQQsAR6BAgCEAE&biw=1440&bih=821#imgrc=15cWq1KhQ73RIM:

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2019 at 8:56 PM, twangster said:

The room service menu below has a lunch/dinner section on the left below and a breakfast section on the right below.  

There is a $7.95 (plus 18% service charge) fee per order.  Order one of everything on the menu and it's one $7.95 fee.  Order just one thing and it's $7.95.  Call back 20 minutes later and add one of something else, it's another $7.95.  The fee is per order, not per item.  

For breakfast only the Continental Breakfast is free (no $7.95 fee).  The American Breakfast section is subject to the $7.95 fee.  

If you stay in a Grand Suite or above there is no fee for any room service order.

For breakfast there will be door hang tag that you can fill out the night before and hang on the outside of the cabin door.  They collect them overnight and deliver at the time you select (i.e. 6am - 6:30am, or 7am - 7:30am or 7:30am to 8am, etc).  They typically call first to let you know they are on the way (in the morning only).

If you purchase a drink package, you can NOT use the drink package with room service.  

RadianceAK-Day8-100.jpg.a233197f4b73d16aaa17909756db2117.jpg

THIS WAS THE BEST EXPLANATION I'VE READ!  Thank you @twangster!

On 2/10/2019 at 8:39 PM, Lakew92 said:

We always like to go to one of the breakfast venues in the morning but the 2nd thing I do when I get up is call room service and  order a large pot of coffee to drink while I m getting ready for breakfast.  Its also nice to stand out  on the balcony and enjoy my morning coffee.  The coffee service is free but remember to tip the server.  Enjoy and remember your on vacation so relax and have a good time.

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, sabarwolf said:

Are you able to order room service on Disembarkation Day?

Not that I've ever seen ....... where it really comes in handy though is when you have an early excursion when you're arriving into port..... saves you a lot of time.

10 hours ago, sabarwolf said:

Are you able to order room service on Disembarkation Day?

No.  If you leave a door tag out the night before it will still be there in the morning.  

Usually the Windjammer opens before debarking commences so I often grab a bite, go back to the cabin and brush my teeth, then do a final cabin check and debark. 

43 minutes ago, twangster said:

No.  If you leave a door tag out the night before it will still be there in the morning.  

Usually the Windjammer opens before debarking commences so I often grab a bite, go back to the cabin and brush my teeth, then do a final cabin check and debark. 

Thats definitely one way to do it.  I follow the same guidelines but instead of getting off the ship i hide under the bed to see if the steward will notice me on the next sailing... :)