Port Everglades on Sunday 2/10

tonyfsu21

It’s a beautiful (but windy) day here in Fort Lauderdale. I took the boat out today and snapped some pics of the ships in port. When heading Southbound you are able to get within a couple hundred feet of the vessels berthed along the Eastern portion of the port. Great views this afternoon! 

EC813224-2562-49F3-8D0F-46D592CAC275.jpeg

5FA4A096-9C4F-4F7C-9965-B018C1599465.jpeg

85D64C15-3546-4721-8CC9-9AD0152EAB9A.jpeg

84C1CD6A-C539-44F4-BADD-5403B0B016B7.jpeg

Great pics!  I, too, am a boater but in a lake where all you see is other similar boats as yours.  Crazy to think what that would be like to boat near a cruise ship.  In the rare occasion that I’m in the river,  I think it’s crazy when a loaded barge cruises past.  No comparison to what you share the water with. 

Yeah the compact set up of Port Everglades makes it the norm to share the waterways with mega cruise ships and very large (soon to be PanaMax+) container ships. I do live at the Port Everglades inlet so we see ships all day & night but it’s a whole different ballgame taking the boat out when we have time on the weekends. Its a big spectacle when the cruise ships leave in the evening as you get front row seats to the action. Even better then riding through the Port is taking the boat out into the ocean past the last Marker point and being in the open ocean with an Oasis Class ship! Pretty awesome. We see drones flying overhead getting footage even that far out.

42 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Yeah the compact set up of Port Everglades makes it the norm to share the waterways with mega cruise ships and very large (soon to be PanaMax+) container ships. I do live at the Port Everglades inlet so we see ships all day & night but it’s a whole different ballgame taking the boat out when we have time on the weekends. Its a big spectacle when the cruise ships leave in the evening as you get front row seats to the action. Even better then riding through the Port is taking the boat out into the ocean past the last Marker point and being in the open ocean with an Oasis Class ship! Pretty awesome. We see drones flying overhead getting footage even that far out.

I counted 6-7 ships in port, was that correct? I didn't have time to go to the port map and confirm. Looked like a Coast Guard and tall mast ship also?