2 Connecting Rooms questions

I just changed my reservation from one inside staterooms to two Promenade connecting rooms on the Navigator sailing on Memorial Day.  My travel agent put me in a room with my son and my wife in a room with my daughter.  Are we allowed to put the kids in the same room and my wife and I in the other one once we get on board?

Also, now that it has been changed, when I login to my account on the RCCL website, the reservation shown is only for me and my son.  When I click on the link to "Add My Travel Party's Reservation," I enter my wife's info and her reservation number, but it doesn't change anything on my screen.  Do we now have to login under her account (which I have to setup) in order to schedule shore excursions and stuff?

Thanks in advance...

10 hours ago, JasonL said:

A nice perk of having adults in separate rooms each with a kid on the bookings is you can purchase an ultimate drink package for only 1 person. If me and the wife are in the same room we won't do the drink package because she will not drink enough to even come close to making it worth it.

Likewise, I think you can bring 2 bottles of wine per room (the.e. if an adult us in each room).

Technically you can put the kids in their own room as long as it is connecting, adjoining or directly across from your room.  However some travel agents will not do it as it involves a call to RC.  My TA will call so I usually put everyone in the correct sleeping room and even with this situation we've brought 4 bottles of wine (although we usually split girls/boys through security so that may help).  There are advantages of booking with either way and with your reservation you can go to guest services to get extra keys so you don't have to enter through the other room.  

You should be able to see the other rooms reservation on your main cruise planner however that isn't very helpful.  Whenever you book a shore excursion you can "add guests from another reservation" on the screen where you would book the guests.  Then you only need to check out once and you can make sure the times are the same.

4 minutes ago, melski94 said:

You should be able to see the other rooms reservation on your main cruise planner however that isn't very helpful.  Whenever you book a shore excursion you can "add guests from another reservation" on the screen where you would book the guests.  Then you only need to check out once and you can make sure the times are the same.

We have 2 cruises where we have connecting rooms.  

• For one (Anthem), we have DH and DS in one room, and DD and I in the other
  • For other one (Navigator), we have DH and myself in one room, and our kids in the other

We didn't request either room configuration (although I think I booked the first one on phone with Royal agent, and second one myself online).

But for first one, I see both reservations in cruise planner.  For second one, I only see DH's and my reservation.  To see the other reservation, we created an account under DS and we have to log on that way.  We still were able to link them for dinner reservations and excursions.