Symphony Classical Guitar Player

Al Horner

I read somewhere that there was a classical guitar player on the Symphony that some folks really enjoyed. Does anyone know that performer's name? A couple of years ago, we immensely enjoyed a Polish performer whose name is Wojtek Kozikowski. He played Classical Guitar on one of the RCL ships and we thought he was great. Just wondered if there was any chance it was going to be him on the Symphony?

Musicians of this nature are not usually on the ship for long periods of time.  It's quite common for them to perform for a few weeks or even less, disembark and move to another ship for a small stint.  If you knew a particular sailing you might be able to look over the cruise compasses posted on this site and find the name in one of them.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass?ship=1167

We sailed Harmony in Dec. 2018 over Christmas a few months ago.  We saw a jazz band almost every night in the jazz lounge.  My husband (bass guitarist) was completely enamored by the jazz band on Harmony.  While my husband isn't a professional bassist, he knows his music really well and can play well too.  He was in awe of the band, specifically the pianist.  They were all from Italy.  The pianist was super young; somewhere in his 20s.  This kid was an anomaly for the music industry.  He was just *that good.*  I don't know how long he will continue playing on the ship, but if you like this sort of stuff and can appreciate jazz, I strongly suggest seeing him on this ship (unless he moves to another ship).  They were super friendly, but the young one was something else, speaking from a talent perspective.  

Jazz Band

Drummer:  Marco Tolotti

Piano:  Valerio Rizzo

Bass:  Luigi Scaccianoce

14 hours ago, kontraxed said:

I read somewhere that there was a classical guitar player on the Symphony that some folks really enjoyed

I think you're referring to the guitar player in Central Park in the evening.  If so, yes, that is always a relaxing and enjoyable start to any evening.

• 9 months later...
On 2/9/2019 at 11:29 AM, Matt said:

I think you're referring to the guitar player in Central Park in the evening.  If so, yes, that is always a relaxing and enjoyable start to any evening.

I would agree that the guitar player in Central Park is what the OP is probably referring to, but the Polish performer Wojtek Kozikowski performed several sets on various days in the Schooner Bar on Freedom during our cruise earlier this month.  He was excellent and if you have a chance to attend one of his shows, do not miss.  

• 4 years later...

We've been listening to Wojciech Kozikowski on the Serenade of the Seas on the LA to Australia leg of the Ultimate World Cruise.  Wojciech was absolutely amazing!  Really outstanding classical guitar style, playing a wide range of music.  Very skilled and a pleasure to listen to!  Just outstanding.