What is that must have port on the itinerary? Current or Wish

Shawn

Yeah it's great! I love Labadee. I can't wait for the girls to get older to enjoy the bigger kid stuff. My ultimate itinerary would include Labadee, st Maarten(fit in both sailing and orient beach), San Juan (mofongo), Jamaica (jerk chicken ;)), Cozumel (fresh salsa verde & beer). Too bad not all on one cruise. My wife would include Grand Cayman. She would not include the time we tried to walk to Bacardi after water taxi on San Juan. Police were nice enough to give us a ride after the first officer that didn't speak English realized we were walking towards a bad area so he radioed some English speaking officers to stop us up ahead and give us a ride! :)

I came across an article about RC looking to develop a port in Jacmel, Haiti a while back but then the earthquake occurred. I use to vacation there as a kid. Would have loved to visit there! Did you ever see their concept there Matt?

It was our 1st choice for our Dec trip. But, did not want to drive the extra distance to Miami Or Fort Lauderdale for only 4 night Bahamas trip. RCI doesn't sail there on the 3 or 4 night cruises out of Port Canaveral. It is a must Port for Western Caribbean trips.

Yeah I really enjoy Key West! It's a great must! Is Tampa ever going to a year round embarkation port?

Don't know. Have never sailed from Tampa, or any of the Gulf ports. Tampa is an hour + further for us than Canaveral & we have family in Flagler Beach. Usually stay pre-cruise night with them -- Canaveral is only an hour from there so it makes it simple to get to Port early and not tired.

My ultimate itinerary would include Labadee, st Maarten(fit in both sailing and orient beach), San Juan (mofongo), Jamaica (jerk chicken ;)), Cozumel (fresh salsa verde & beer).

Dude, you just described my perfect cruise.  Sign me up for this one if it ever becomes a reality.

I came across an article about RC looking to develop a port in Jacmel, Haiti a while back but then the earthquake occurred. I use to vacation there as a kid. Would have loved to visit there! Did you ever see their concept there Matt?

I did not but I can tell you I have not heard a peep from Royal Caribbean about anything in the last year or two.  Royal Caribbean has been supporting the area around Labadee with a few charity events and such, but nothing about developing a port. 

I am not sure Falmouth would make the list. I need to keep reading but I don't see to many good comments without driving a good distance. Any ideas or suggestions for kid friendly activities?

The Hilton Rose all inclusive resort has a fabulous pool/water park area that most kids should love.  I reviewed it here: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2011/09/15/excursion-focus-hilton-rose-hall-resort-spa-day-pass

Yes, you do need to drive a bit to find things to do outside the Falmouth port area but it's a tolerable drive I feel (20-30 minutes)