Coastal Kitchen Question

Oliver

Hi all.

We are going to be on the Ovation of the Seas in July for an Alaskan cruise. We booked a junior suite so we will have access to coastal kitchen for dinner. 

My question for people who have eaten there before, do they have a kids menu for coastal kitchen? I will be bringing two 14 year old teenage boys with us and they can be picky eaters. I think we will be ok looking at the previous menus I’ve found on the internet but was just curious. My son still sometimes likes to order kids food.

Thanks 

Hopefully with all the wonderful information people have on this board you will get an earlier answer but will be sailing her in May and I’ll be happy to give feedback.  

I would expect they can find a way to accommodate the choices.  My question for you would be with the portion size.  Our son will be 11 at the time and will eat kids food up to more exotic cuisine so we have no issues with choices.  Since you guys are 14 even if they have the right choices, will the portions be large enough with the kids selections.  Granted it is a cruise and they should be able to find selections elsewhere throughout the day to keep them fulll.  Also folks have reported that you can get food from the buffet and bring it into Coastal Kitchen but not sure if that applies to dinner service.  

@Oliver, there is a CK Kid's menu on my Anthem live blog.  Link in signature below.  It doesn't rotate though.  Same kid's menu every night.  

Regarding portion sizes, the kid's portions are a bit smaller but you can always get double.  They will accommodate.  And your kids can also order off the adult menu and they can make it a half portion for some items.  

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Oliver, there is a CK Kid's menu on my Anthem live blog.  Link in signature below.  It doesn't rotate though.  Same kid's menu every night.  

Regarding portion sizes, the kid's portions are a bit smaller but you can always get double.  They will accommodate.  And your kids can also order off the adult menu and they can make it a half portion for some items.  

Thanks so much! 

• 4 months later...

Were in a Junior Suite for our July sailing to Alaska as well. We’re traveling with other family that are NOT staying in a suite. My husband seems pretty disinterested in trying CK, so I’m wondering if I can bring my sister-in-law with me to dine (if technically she’s not in a suite, but WITH me)?

The kids can order from the adult menu.  Our 10 year old grandson did enjoy some of the adult menu items.  We requested different meals for the grandkids that was not on either the adult or kids menu and they were able to get it for them (PB&J for the 6 year old).  Coastal Kitchen is amazing service and the food is excellent.