Should I buy two drink packages for both my kids or will one be good for the both of them??? Please help

J.reynolds

Just now, J.reynolds said:

Yeah that's what I meant they won't need a weeks worth of soda trust me lol I just didn't want any complications getting drinks for them or spending the extra money if I didn't have too 

I don't know for sure if you have to buy two like the deluxe alcohol package.  Someone will be along shortly with the correct answer.  But if you don't buy the package, they can get drinks any place that serves, at a cost of course. 

One nice thing about the soda package is that the Freestyle machines also dispense flavored waters in addition to sodas. So your kids can drink plenty of water that's to their flavor liking and you don't have to worry so much about them getting all sugared up and over-caffeinated. If you think your kids will go for that option and not just hit the soda button every time, might not be a bad idea to get two packages and two cups so the kids can each get their preferred flavors without any "this water tastes weird" faces. ? 

Water, lemonade, milk, tea and juices (from concentrate) not fresh squeezed are included.  Because of that, we are not buying the soda pkg or our kids.  We're sailing with a 6 & 9 yo this Spring, and we plan to carry on a case of Capri-sun or juice boxes.  Those are more so to have a packaged beverage option for them at the pool and in the room.  They are both pretty good water drinkers, but we want to make sure they both drink plenty. 

3 hours ago, J.reynolds said:

My wife and two kids will be cruising in April on the Anthem of the seas and were wonder if we needed to get both our children there own drink and soda package or will one do for the both of them there 5 yrs old???

Sharing the drink package benefits between guests of any age is prohibited.

42 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

... might not be a bad idea to get two packages and two cups so the kids can each get their preferred flavors without any "this water tastes weird" faces. ? 

If for no other reason than the fact that it truly is not permitted to share packages in all technicality, this is probably a great reasoning for buying two packages. 

23 hours ago, J.reynolds said:

My wife and two kids will be cruising in April on the Anthem of the seas and were wonder if we needed to get both our children there own drink and soda package or will one do for the both of them there 5 yrs old???

Watch for beverage pkgs sales on cruise planner i saved 40percent on black Friday sale.

On 2/8/2019 at 7:54 AM, JLMoran said:

One nice thing about the soda package is that the Freestyle machines also dispense flavored waters in addition to sodas. So your kids can drink plenty of water that's to their flavor liking and you don't have to worry so much about them getting all sugared up and over-caffeinated. If you think your kids will go for that option and not just hit the soda button every time, might not be a bad idea to get two packages and two cups so the kids can each get their preferred flavors without any "this water tastes weird" faces. ? 

At 5 years old, they won't be hitting any buttons without  help, I could barely reach them, LOL

5 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

My wife and I both get the drink packages and give our kids the cups. I don’t care, RC nickel and dimes us for everything now. My kids really only drink soda at dinner so we fill them before and drop them back at our rooms before they go to the kids club. Everyone can judge away lol.

I Guess if this is/will become a common approach  RC will soon solve it by forcing Soda packages for everyone under 21 if all the other in the cabin have the Ultimate drinking package, just like they started a year ago to demand that if one person in a cabin is buying the ultimate drinking package  all  the rest above 21 must buy it. 

3 minutes ago, J.reynolds said:

Lol this guy has a stick up his butt so I guess you just pay for whatever people tell you to pay for you’ve never asked a question in regards to how things work??? Right tuff guy??? What a clown ??? 

No.  I was responding to the guy bragging about how he doesn't pay for his kid's drinks.  Earlier I answered this question.  I guess you assume all people that don't steal drinks have a stick up their butts or only clowns pay for the things they take?  Seems like a strange way to look at the world, but to each their own.

Just now, AubieKermit said:

How much does RC charge for a soda at dinner if you don't have the drink package?  Also, does the soda drink package include virgin daiquiris?  How much would one of those cost?

Single can of soda would run in the $3.50 range plus you'll need to add the 18% gratuity to that. Soda package wouldn't cover the virgin daiquiris, would have to get the Refreshment one.

• Matt locked this topic