Coco Cay, as of today (2/6/19)

thanks for the pics!..still lots to do...

they better get going..they are marketing a lot of short cruises with this perfect day package...sure there is small print but if ppl are booking these for the sole purpose to enjoy the perfect day..will be a lot of upset cruisers if they don't get this done..

6mths behind on the dock?.....hope the rest of the rollout isn't the same!

Should be looking good by 2020

22 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

WOW !  Those are GREAT pictures.  The best I have seen re: the construction at Coco Cay.  What do you need with a fancy camera !!  I'm so excited that it is going to so well

Thank you for taking time to do this for all of us !!

It was my sincere pleasure. I'm cruising solo, and I'm having a REALLY difficult time sitting down anywhere for more than 10 minutes (my Fitbit concurs, with between 7-8 miles of walking per day).  It gave a me purpose. I wish Coco Cay had some walking trails through the undeveloped SW side of the island. That would have been my jam. I really have no idea what to do with myself at a beach.  

8 hours ago, FlowBro Ty said:

Wow They Got A Long Way To Go On That Water Slide Tower. Looks Like They Have Ten  Stories To Go Till They Get To The Top Plus They Have To Add The Slides.

The water slides and tower are all prefab. It will go up very quickly. Once the foundations are ready (which they obviously are) the rest is easy.

3 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Thanks for the photos.  Really good to see that they have actually started work on the waterpark.  Others gave said that they couldn't start until the pier was completed so seems that isn't so.  We'll be there in August so hoping it'll be done by then 

There were crews working on every area - even the little wooden buildings right by the docks (no idea what those are going to be, someone here might) - that's the photo with the blue metal fence in front of it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 12:06 PM, monctonguy said:

thanks for the pics!..still lots to do...

they better get going..they are marketing a lot of short cruises with this perfect day package...sure there is small print but if ppl are booking these for the sole purpose to enjoy the perfect day..will be a lot of upset cruisers if they don't get this done..

6mths behind on the dock?.....hope the rest of the rollout isn't the same!

Should be looking good by 2020

Yep agree. We just booked Mariner for June and they advertise the perfect day for that itinerary. In fact, we booked a cabana. I have my doubts.

3 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

We booked the Chill Island Cabana for our July cruise bc I know at least that already existed and I would not have to worry.  That and we are beach people.

I think that’s what we booked. This already exists? I really wanted to try the over water cabanas but those obv won’t be ready in June.

20 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I think that’s what we booked. This already exists?

Yes, they have always existed.  Somewhere in the bowels of the forum, somebody sent me pics of them because I was curious if there was one better spot than another.  There are only 14 of them.  They are located far off from the main area and what I would describe as an inlet. I asked back in Oct so yeah they have been up and running the Chill Cabanas this entire time.

3 hours ago, jticarruthers said:

Anyone else able to get into Cruise Planner for May timeframe ... all my CocoCay in May reservations are locking up but my November one is fine ... thinking they may be "fixing" availability on some things ...

I was able to book today on the planner for 06/05 for "Swim with the Pigs" excursion...