Beverage pkg dropped for no reason!

Ok... So I bought on black Friday for low 50s... Can't even remember anymore.  Price went to 49, I rebuilt.  Last week it was at 47, I said what the heck, I can save 28!  Just checked again and it was at 44!!  47 days pre-sail!! Happy to have just saved $50 for no reason!!! Nothing else was on sale!  Now trying to decide if we should get the 1 device voom/drink pkg for an extra 9/day and if it's worth trying to call and get it for just one person...we don't  need 2 devices.  We really don't need to be that connected since sprint works in San Juan and I believe St Maarten.  Jane

OK, it took me a minute to understand the meaning of your topic title. At first, I thought you were the victim of another IT glitch and had your beverage package dropped (removed) from your purchases for no reason. Got really confused for a minute when I all I saw you writing about was price drops!

giphy.gif

The drink package dropped from $56 to $52 for my sailing on symphony in a week and a half. Also bought the 3 night dinner package for $89 as we were going to Chops anyways and that was $52.99 on its own and cancelled my 3 device Voom amd bought a 4 device Voom for a total of $6 more across the sailing. 

yep i got ours on the buy one, get one 50% off a few weeks back which i think netted the cost to $49pp.   a week or two ago, it dropped again to $44pp so i dropped and repurchased.   Seems to be trending for people who are at 90 day mark or less before setting sail.

Mine is showing $52/day for the Deluxe Package on my June Harmony cruise.

But, on that note, I just got an email from Royal Caribbean today offering a 'buy one get one 50% off' for the Deluxe Package. However, when I add it to my cart for me and my wife, it still shows full price, so I am waiting for a response email from RC to fix it. Hope its legit!

Capture.JPG.d42a32aae691cbd502ff651972055c3e.JPG

6 minutes ago, nanowerx said:

Mine is showing $52/day for the Deluxe Package on my June Harmony cruise.

But, on that note, I just got an email from Royal Caribbean today offering a 'buy one get one 50% off' for the Deluxe Package. However, when I add it to my cart for me and my wife, it still shows full price, so I am waiting for a response email from RC to fix it. Hope its legit!

Capture.JPG.d42a32aae691cbd502ff651972055c3e.JPG

If you look at  the little arrow next to the $52 in the Cruise Planner it says "this is your price including the discount", so they are already figuring BOGO, I think this is one of the worst ways they try and get you to buy, but they are still figuring the discount off of "On ship" pricing, so in Royal math they are giving you one at half price.

The only reason I know is that I've been tracking pricing on Harmony for October, 19, and the price has not changed since the first of the year. Most of the people that are seeing the good discount above are within or right at the 90 day final payment.

Well thats a bummer, and I agree, pretty bad way of advertising their 'deal'. $860 is a bit too much for me to justify; around $600-$650 (maybe even up to $700) would have been the sweet spot to get me to take the plunge.

Oh well, guess I will just try to do most of my drinking at ports and the 2 bottles of wine I am bringing onboard.

2 hours ago, tiny260 said:

Most of the people that are seeing the good discount above are within or right at the 90 day final payment.

...I have to watch this with fingers crossed - we're 101 days out (Allure)! 

We finally purchased the package during the last cruise planner sale at $49... that's also the current price with this latest "sale".

14 hours ago, JLMoran said:

OK, it took me a minute to understand the meaning of your topic title. At first, I thought you were the victim of another IT glitch and had your beverage package dropped (removed) from your purchases for no reason. Got really confused for a minute when I all I saw you writing about was price drops!

giphy.gif

Actually... Your explanation is probably more likely lol!  Tried to get into the cruise planner for 30 mins today before giving up.  Now it is finally working.  Jane

16 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

$56 ?!?  Wow...it's not even that high on our O class cruises.  YIKES !

My sailing is still 8 months away, much too soon to be seeing big discounts on that package; it was the same price during the Black Friday sale (although I got a killer rate on both the Refreshment package and 2-device VOOM). Based on my last two cruises, and everyone's feedback above with time frames, I'm not expecting to see an actual drop in the DBP until 3-4 months out. Maybe not even until 2 months out.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

My sailing is still 8 months away, much too soon to be seeing big discounts on that package; it was the same price during the Black Friday sale (although I got a killer rate on both the Refreshment package and 2-device VOOM). Based on my last two cruises, and everyone's feedback above with time frames, I'm not expecting to see an actual drop in the DBP until 3-4 months out. Maybe not even until 2 months out.

My sailing is still roughly 8 months also, and I haven't seen any deals either unfortunately. 

• 4 weeks later...