WOW Is Back !! Come & Get It!!

Actually I take that back as I didn't notice OBC was being offered for one of my cruises.  

Price went up, but shows $125 OBC so net result is actually lower (esp as we book in CAD).  Only thing is...I'm wondering if this is an error as I've never seen such a high OBC for an interior room (Central Park Interior) and especially as Central Park Balcony only has $75 OBC.  That seems fishy to me.

Just now, WannaCruise said:

Price went up, but shows $125 OBC so net result is actually lower (esp as we book in CAD).  Only thing is...I'm wondering if this is an error as I've never seen such a high OBC for an interior room (Central Park Interior) and especially as Central Park Balcony only has $75 OBC.  That seems fishy to me.

I'd suggest calling your TA and having them check, or if you booked yourself then call Royal and ask them to verify. It's possible, especially if they haven't booked enough interior rooms and are trying to goose the sales at that end.

3 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I'd suggest calling your TA and having them check, or if you booked yourself then call Royal and ask them to verify. It's possible, especially if they haven't booked enough interior rooms and are trying to goose the sales at that end.

We book with Royal directly.  Our specific room only has 3 rooms left (very few Central Park Interior rooms that hold 4 people) but yeah, even standard interior room shows $125 OBC.

Trying to decide if we want a higher price with OBC, but net savings is around $85 (depending on exchange)

9 hours ago, Matt said:

The fact the prices aren't lower is a good thing.  I mean, sure, I'd love to get a cheaper deal but I find it quite satisfying to know that booking in advance locked me into the best price.

Matt, I agree with you 100%! ?

We booked our cruise well over a year ago and for the last 6-8 months, including this recent sale, the same cabin class has literally DOUBLED in price. Like you always say... it's supply and demand!

I re-booked my March 2020 cruise and it cost me $100 more for the sale: however, I got the $400 OBC so I paid $100 to get $300 more of OBC as I already had $100 OBC so it worked out for me.  My DIL and son are on the same cruise and and I told them about the sale but it would cost them $300 more to get the $400 OBC so it didn't work for them. We have different rooms, GS and JS so the prices of the room made the difference. I booked this Puerto Rico ABC cruise in spring 2018 so I am down to almost a year to go.

1 hour ago, mworkman said:

I've got a head scratcher here ? I've checked all the wow listings and none of them offer the $400 to spend at sea...All is see it $100 and that's GS and above listings..

Edited:

I see the error...i was inputing my C&A number...that's why! ?

Yes you foolishly thought that being a member of the loyalty club would work in your favor ;)

The "sale of the day" is a better deal than the C&A Loyalty deal (balcony discount) ... you cant use both so using your loyalty discount is actually a worse deal than that available to everyone.

Yes you can just decline the C&A discount and use the generally available one but my point was that logging in as a loyal customer shows you a worse deal than not doing so.

7 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

The "sale of the day" is a better deal than the C&A Loyalty deal (balcony discount) ... you cant use both so using your loyalty discount is actually a worse deal than that available to everyone.

Yes you can just decline the C&A discount and use the generally available one but my point was that logging in as a loyal customer shows you a worse deal than not doing so.

Maybe that's why there is $125 OBC showing for our interior booking vs only $75 showing for a balcony room?  I noticed too that the $125 is actually broken up into two deals on the invoice.

I asked my MEI agent to check my Symphony sailing yesterday and she got back to me - but it had gone up (which is fine) At the same time I asked my agent for my June Ovation cruise to check and I still haven't heard back from her. This is the one who had the $100 booking fee (and ONLY had a $50 fee to book our flight. No thanks,  I've got it). I hate her so very much.  #liveandlearn

38 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I asked my MEI agent to check my Symphony sailing yesterday and she got back to me - but it had gone up (which is fine) At the same time I asked my agent for my June Ovation cruise to check and I still haven't heard back from her. This is the one who had the $100 booking fee (and ONLY had a $50 fee to book our flight. No thanks,  I've got it). I hate her so very much.  #liveandlearn

Booking fee??? What???????

13 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

So in order to get the better deal, do you check out without putting in your C&A number, then call to add it later?  That seems annoying but would be par for the course.

Not sure if we are thinking about the same thing, couple different cross conversations going.

So if the better deal is the sale of the day instead of the C&A #, then you just don't "login" and book as a regular person. When you then link the reservation to your account, the C&A # populates but you don't add the C&A booking benefits since the regular person one is a better benefit. You still get all your other C&A benefits though.

I haven't looked at it in a while but it used to be that the system would auto-select the C&A Discount even if the non C&A Rate was better ... booked one that way one time and was very confused by the invoice when I got it.

13 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Ohhh wait! This is MEI charging booking fees??? Say huh?????