Symphony Upgrade - Is it worth it

amathey11

I just received an email to bid on an upgrade for our trip on symphony in April.

Currently, we are in an ocean view balcony but I was looking to go to the Junior suite. 

The minimum bid is 300/person for the week (so 600 total) extra. 

Is this a decent price? It seems quite pricey and I've heard of people getting upgrades for less. Since I'm new to optional upgrades, I thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance!

7 minutes ago, amathey11 said:

I just received an email to bid on an upgrade for our trip on symphony in April.

Currently, we are in an ocean view balcony but I was looking to go to the Junior suite. 

The minimum bid is 300/person for the week (so 600 total) extra. 

Is this a decent price? It seems quite pricey and I've heard of people getting upgrades for less. Since I'm new to optional upgrades, I thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance!

You get the perk's of the JS with the exception of double points.  For me it isn't worth it, but everyone's not that same.

We found our oceanview balcony more than sufficient.  Plenty of storage space, room is well-designed and, at least if you were like us, you were only there in the early AM to dress (most days, just throw on a bathing suit, brush teeth and up to the pool,  unless we had a land based excursion), in late afternoon/early eve to get ready for dinner and then after all the evening shows are over to sleep.  We did, however, bid on a JS just to see what would happen, but never got an email one way or the other.  We've always booked Oceanview balconies and been quite happy.

1 minute ago, TommyP365 said:

Is the lack of double points to do with it being an upgrade-bid, or do junior suites not earn double points on Oasis class? The didn't discontinue double points for junior suites all together, did they?

Still double points in JS if you booked it at the regular rate and didn't get it through an upgrade.