Question about Curacao Tuk Tuks

NJCruisers

We are sailing on Freedom of the Seas and will be in Curacao on a Wed. from 8am - 8pm & it looks like there will be a total of 3 ships in port.  We plan on taking the RC Blue Bay Beach Break excursion from 9:15 - 1:15.  We plan to return to the ship to shower and get some lunch then explore Curacao on our own for a bit.  I am interested in the Tuk Tuk tours, but I'm a bit confused.  There are several sites to book through and all say they will pick you up at the Pier. I've read here to walk over the bridge and try to get one.  My understanding is they cannot drive over the bridge.  So my question is which tour would be better and how do I compare them?  I'd rather have it all planned in advance then not be able to find one when we are there.  

You are correct. They do not drive over the bridge. The tours are on the other side of the bridge so you must walk across the bridge and hire the tuk tuk there.  We have never done an excursion with the tuk Tuks....we just walk over and hire one.  It is such a pleasant walk and the tuk tuks  are fun.  

If there are tuk tuk tours offered through the cruise planner I wasn’t even aware of that !  I’m sure that would be ok too but the tour would probably be different than the one you would get on the other side of the bridge and unquestionably more expensive.

We will be in Curaçao in April. Can’t wait !

12 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

You are correct. They do not drive over the bridge. The tours are on the other side of the bridge so you must walk across the bridge and hire the tuk tuk there.  We have never done an excursion with the tuk Tuks....we just walk over and hire one.  It is such a pleasant walk and the tuk tuks  are fun.  

If there are tuk tuk tours offered through the cruise planner I wasn’t even aware of that !  I’m sure that would be ok too but the tour would probably be different than the one you would get on the other side of the bridge and unquestionably more expensive.

We will be in Curaçao in April. Can’t wait !

The tours are $25 pp for an hour.  That's the same price if I go thru a tour or curtuktuk.com I guess I was confused by the wording.  I think I probably want the city tour for stay over visitors which meets at the foot of the bridge rather than the one for cruisers which picks up at the pier.  I can see why people get confused!

I never took a tour that brought you back to the ship (or picked you up at the ship) so I don’t know the answer to your question.  The tuk tuks that we have been on are “ad hoc”...no scheduled tours...you just grab one and go.  It seems as though the ride was probably 30-45 minutes maybe ?  They just drop you off at the same location where they pick you up.