Compare the KEY benefits to suites benefits

Traveler

7 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

"They" need to fix this !  A benefit that you cannot use is no benefit at all.  Sorry you had to deal with this.  You should not have had to be the enforcer.

Usually while tendering RCL open more than one location to board the boats , they just need to better organize it with separate place for the key/suites.
I found it to be a bigger issue while the ship arrives to the port late or for short period and everyone tries to gout at the same time.   

On 2/5/2019 at 10:26 AM, tiny260 said:

I thought there was also a rule that if one gets it both have to get it. I'm probably way off on this, just thought I remembered reading this.

That if one person who is over 21 and purchases the dilute drink package the other people in the same cabin who are over 21 also have to get the dilute drink package whether they want to or not. I think that the only expection to this would be if the therapy adult in the cabin does not drink for medical reasons or is pregnant. 

2 hours ago, Christie said:

I thought it included reserved seats for shows?  Also when purchasing, it says specifically that you do not need to reserve the shows?

They just changed the policy back a week or two ago, and just finally updated the cruise planner, to the way it was first rolled out (need a reservation) when @twangster first experienced it back in December... The Key still gives you prime seating in a reserved section, but we still need to make reservations. At least we don't have to rush to arrive 30-45 minutes or more prior to showtime to get a decent seat. 

I guess they want to sell more of these and fear they will run into seating capacity issues if a majority of the "Key" holders decide to show up for the same performance.

Love the grid and the information.  I do understand that it may still have some edits in the future I do have one question.  There is a line for “VIP theater seating” and a line further down for “ Theather seat waver”.  The thread helps clarify the first one but I was trying to understand the second one.  

I was guessing it had to do with reservations before boarding.  In my mind I was thinking it could be someone standing there waving you to your seats, an antebellum south style fan that they leave at your seat for use during the show or is it a person gently waving a palm frond over you while you are seated to keep you cool.  ? (Although silly that last one is possible since the grid shows that it applies only to the Star class.)

1 minute ago, KLA said:

Another Key question that occurred to me - 

How does that priority embarkation work? Does that add you to the Suite lounge, or do you board ahead of other C&A or just general seating?

This may vary by port and terminal but what I observed at terminal 18, Port Everglades in December was that signage pointed Key guests to use the C&A security queue to the right and once through security they had their own queue plus two check in stations dedicated to Key.  Upstairs The Key had it's own seating area and was boarded right after Suites/Pinnacle but before Diamond Plus.   

Just now, twangster said:

This may vary by port and terminal but what I observed at terminal 18, Port Everglades in December was that signage pointed Key guests to use the C&A security queue to the right and once through security they had their own queue plus two check in stations dedicated to Key.  Upstairs The Key had it's own seating area and was boarded right after Suites/Pinnacle but before Diamond Plus.   

Perfect - thanks! This will be Port Everglades for us so that'll work out well. 

Just now, mworkman said:

When i seen it at the terminal, it was Suite & Pin's, Key, D+, D's then the horde.

This made me laugh because this will be our last cruise before hitting Diamond - we need exactly 7 points. Haha!

Just now, twangster said:

Congrats!  Diamond is probably the single most important milestone for most Royal cruisers.  (Pinnacle is wayyyyyy out there for most)

Thanks! Yeah once we hit Diamond we're not even going to be too concerned with Diamond Plus - definitely looking forward to the perks that Diamond tier offers.

1 hour ago, ScooterScott22 said:

Love the grid and the information.  I do understand that it may still have some edits in the future I do have one question.  There is a line for “VIP theater seating” and a line further down for “ Theather seat waver”.  The thread helps clarify the first one but I was trying to understand the second one.  

I was guessing it had to do with reservations before boarding.  In my mind I was thinking it could be someone standing there waving you to your seats, an antebellum south style fan that they leave at your seat for use during the show or is it a person gently waving a palm frond over you while you are seated to keep you cool.  ? (Although silly that last one is possible since the grid shows that it applies only to the Star class.)

Thanks,

The reserve seat waver should be change to  show r reservation waver , which mean , the key people still need to reserve the show  while start class can get to any show without pre reservation. 

13 hours ago, KLA said:

Another Key question that occurred to me - 

How does that priority embarkation work? Does that add you to the Suite lounge, or do you board ahead of other C&A or just general seating?

On Mariner this week they called Pinnacle, Diamond, Diamond Plus and The Key all at once. I think they did this because there just weren't that many people in the terminal yet.

• 8 months later...

Thank you so much for the chart!  It made it so much easier to make the decision to get The Key for our trip.  Even with a Grand Suite there are enough unique benefits that it makes sense for us to get it.  The best part is that it's only costing us $8 more pp than it would have been for us to get the VOOM internet package by itself.  It really was a no brainer.

On 2/5/2019 at 9:02 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Great visual.  That just confirms what I have been feeling all along with The Key.  Possibly worth it in JS or below.  Not worth it at all with GS and above.  And more worth it on Oasis or Quantum class ships.

Agreed we have a a sky class suite in June on Harmony of the Seas and after looking at the key, wasn't worth it