Compare the KEY benefits to suites benefits

Traveler

I know its not first discussion about the Key and  I guess its not the last one . 
To help deciding  if the key program making  sense or not (at least for me) I created a table with all the benefits comparing  the key to the different suites .  I was not sure on one  or two items so please let me know if something need to be fixed here. hope its helpful.

20585885_keycomparev8a.thumb.jpg.b15990bd6c2e4decbe42a0e9a29762a0.jpg

The Key - special location for breakfast? Is this daily, and where on the ship might it be on an Oasis class ship?

My husband and I were just going back and forth on it last night since it's not a TON more once you wrap in the VOOM cost. 

2 minutes ago, KLA said:

The Key - special location for breakfast? Is this daily, and where on the ship might it be on an Oasis class ship?

My husband and I were just going back and forth on it last night since it's not a TON more once you wrap in the VOOM cost. 

Regarding the special location for breakfast , this is one of the items I am not sure , I think I read in the past in one of  @twangster Live blog , but it required to be verified , I can always correct the table.

Just now, Traveler said:

Regarding the special location for breakfast , this is one of the items I am not sure , I think I read in the past in one of  @twangster Live blog , but it required to be verified , I can always correct the table.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/12/04/review-royal-caribbeans-the-key-vip-guest-experience

It doesn't look like that's a perk - but the debarkation day breakfast is a lot better than I remembered seeing. I DREAD and avoid debarkation day Windjammer. 

1 minute ago, KLA said:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/12/04/review-royal-caribbeans-the-key-vip-guest-experience

It doesn't look like that's a perk - but the debarkation day breakfast is a lot better than I remembered seeing. I DREAD and avoid debarkation day Windjammer. 

Thanks, I have fixed it. I guess my memory starts to betray me ? 

A follow up for the more experienced for the key - if I purchase they key for both my husband and I, we BOTH get our own VOOM code, correct? It's not one per stateroom?

Leaning towards it hard now because I realized I never do fun things on Oasis class or most ships (zipline, flowrider, etc) because I hate lines. 

Just now, KLA said:

A follow up for the more experienced for the key - if I purchase they key for both my husband and I, we BOTH get our own VOOM code, correct? It's not one per stateroom?

Leaning towards it hard now because I realized I never do fun things on Oasis class or most ships (zipline, flowrider, etc) because I hate lines. 

Yes, you each get a VOOM code.  We bought the Key for SY in July.  Right now we are still booked in a JS with no chance to upgrade to GS or above because I cannot justify SY suite prices.  We got a good deal on VOOM (2 device plan) over black friday but with just the two of us, the cost of the Key was less than $130 more.  We figured we can justify that difference with the additional perks of the key.

On Anthem, I did not get it as we have our kids with us and that is 4 purchases for a 9 night sailing.  Not worth it in that case. 

I really think it depends on who is going and length of sailing.

Just now, KLA said:

I can't definitively answer your question but I think the answer is yes, you both get Voom.

I thought there was also a rule that if one gets it both have to get it. I'm probably way off on this, just thought I remembered reading this.

2 minutes ago, KLA said:

I asked the same questions few days ago and the non official answer was yes, you are getting two devices , but might be good to check with RC as it is a major benefit of the program , opps , just saw @Lovetocruise2002 answer , which is the most official answer (for sure more reliable from any RC phone representative ?   . Also , I guess since the internet price per device is going down as you add more devices , the price compare is different  

3 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

I thought there was also a rule that if one gets it both have to get it. I'm probably way off on this, just thought I remembered reading this.

That is correct.  Everyone (including kids) in the cabin must purchase.  That is why we cannot justify it for Anthem GC.  4 people x 9 nights. Not worth it!

I still struggling to decide if to take it to our  Greece Island cruise as we have few tendering  ports, but not sure if it worse it on a Vision class ship.
For my Japan cruise from China I would really want to use it to skip some queues (and there will be queues there) and for the internet , but the key is not offer there yet (hope it will appear later) 

Few thoughts, Voom for suites is only available on Quantum and Oasis class ships. Suites don't get early access to their room.

Also on Quantum and Oasis you have no need for reservations for shows. Key you need to make reservations on those ships.

Outside of Coastal Kitchen no special first day lunch for Suite guests.

No daily water for suites (outside of Star class)

34 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes, you each get a VOOM code.  We bought the Key for SY in July.  Right now we are still booked in a JS with no chance to upgrade to GS or above because I cannot justify SY suite prices.  We got a good deal on VOOM (2 device plan) over black friday but with just the two of us, the cost of the Key was less than $130 more.  We figured we can justify that difference with the additional perks of the key.

On Anthem, I did not get it as we have our kids with us and that is 4 purchases for a 9 night sailing.  Not worth it in that case. 

I really think it depends on who is going and length of sailing.

So on ours, it's only $77 more for The Key + Deluxe Beverage package than the Deluxe Beverage/VOOM combo for both of us total. Wrapping in the embarkation and debarkation perks plus not having lines, it's looking super appealing. 

Great job.  May need to differentiate or notate certain ship based features such as Coastal kitchen and free suite internet (OA/QU only).  

Also only star class gets reserved seats, other's get dedicated seating areas.  I often see confusion with people thinking they get assigned seats (section a, row 5, seats 5-8) versus a section of the venue allocated to them.  

Not sure i understand "benefits per day".

I noticed that Quantum, Radiance and Vision class ships have Concierge Clubs and Oasis, Freedom and Voyager Class have Suite Lounges. How long will it be before the Concierge Clubs are changed over to Suite Lounges? Or do you think what is will stay that way?

@Traveler Do you plan on adding C&A status vs your current matrix..ie Diamond and up?

23 minutes ago, mworkman said:

I noticed that Quantum, Radiance and Vision class ships have Concierge Clubs and Oasis, Freedom and Voyager Class have Suite Lounges. How long will it be before the Concierge Clubs are changed over to Suite Lounges? Or do you think what is will stay that way?

@Traveler Do you plan on adding C&A status vs your current matrix..ie Diamond and up?

Regarding Concierge clubs , they already started to change it on the Vision , at least there was some people that were saying  that on Rhapsody they changed it few month ago.  they will need to do it as there  more and more people with diamond plus and by switching the concierge to suite launch the do not need to revoke any benefits from D+ .

Regarding adding C&A status , I will try but I will need to switch to another tool or to split it to two pages . 

6 hours ago, KLA said:

I go to the main dining room. Much better than the Windjammer.

1 hour ago, mworkman said:

Well, the Top Definition entry and definition #3 sounds a lot like @Lovetocruise2002 to me, based on what she's like here! (pasting screen shots of those definitions here in case they get replaced by some of the less flattering ones in the future!)

886771065_Genny1.thumb.png.9827196ddd423c043097a5ec2da94e9d.png

479943615_Genny3.thumb.png.f9e83bf2017742d4334eedd02e72d99a.png

Can't speak to the "most beautiful woman" part, given she's as secretive as @twangster and only posts her Lulu collection instead of selfies, but the rest seems to fit. ?? 

EDIT -- Almost forgot:

?

I'm on Mariner now. I got a letter last night about priority tendering, but when the time actually came to get on a tender there was no way to actually achieve this without being a bitch and just walking ahead of 100 people who were already in line. That being said, it was a quick and easy process to tender to Coco Cay, and I didn't find it to be any sort of problem. I got a great seat in which to get.....dock photos for you guys!!!!