Star class for 6

Todd W

i know this is very vague but does anyone have any idea what the cost for 6 people in a star class 2 bedroom aquatheater suite would run?   for example I know i can price 4 on Oasis in '21 for 2,300 pp (roughly 9,700 base price before taxes and what not).      I haven't reached out to MEI because i'm  just trying to do some fact finding to see if it's even feasible for the other 2 couples.    best case scenario given maximum advanced reservation (2ish years ahead of time)

Knowing the amount of research she does, I'm pinging @Lovetocruise2002 , I'm pretty sure she recently booked the 4 bedroom villa, which is not the same I know, but should be able to give you a rough PP head count figure.

Don't wait to long if you are going to book one for 21, the Star Class rooms will go quick.

The web site should let you put in 6 people on a mock booking also, because the room will sleep 8.

Rate is going to be the same for the 5/6 as it was for 3/4. Other words once add person 3 their cost is the same as person 4, 5, and 6.

If you have a sailing in mind run the cost for 2 and then 4. Subtract the 2 rate from the 4 and that should give the 3/4 cost. Take that 3/4 cost and add it to the cost of 4.

Math: (R4)-(R2)=(R3/4), (R4)+(R3/4)=(R6)

Real numbers: 14,000-10,000=4,000, 14,000+4,000=18,000

Example: Person 1 and 2 ends up at 5,000 each. Person 3+ ends up at 2,000 each. 

Hope this made some sense. Keep in mind this wouldn't factor in Kids Sail Free type promotions.

Yep....do exactly what @CGTLH said.  Your 3/4/5/6 person will be exactly the same cost.  You cannot do a mock booking for more than 4 because Royal will only allow up to 4 on a reservation.  Even if an agent does it for you, they have to put 4 on one and 2 more on the other.  When we booked Villa for 14 people, they did 4 reservations (4, 4, 4, 2) and they actually needed to get permission from another department (I want to say revenue, but I cannot remember for sure) to allow this even though the max occ of the room is 14.  And like @tiny260, I would wait if I found a good deal for Star class.  They go quickly.  Time to YOLO.

Just now, Todd W said:

thanks everyone.   sounds like this may well be possible for the other 4 people involved.  Hoping they jump in on it because thats the only way we can afford it right now lol

I've have the 2BR ATS booked on Oasis in 2021 and it was a very reasonable price I thought.

50 minutes ago, Todd W said:

when are you sailing?  Thats the same room and ship i'm looking at in April 4 '21

January 17th, this will be my 2nd time on her, so I'm looking forward to seeing her after she is AMPED. I booked this one as soon as the itineraries came out in December, I had the spacious balcony on deck 8 which is an A1 room booked for January 10, but had to give it up and go on the 17th because of schedule conflicts, the only one available was the one on deck 9 which is an A2, so it was just a little less expensive, still a great room.

The only thing I had to caution my wife about is the walk, we were walking down deck 8, starboard side on Allure and we were at the aft elevator bank and I showed her how much further it was to the ATS. She was not phased.

Some people have been getting some really good Star Class deals in March also.

We've been in both the A1 and the A2.  Both are GREAT but I will say that deck 8 is much bigger than deck 9.  I think people have decided (I know we have !!) that they would rather be up on Deck 17 and not bother with the long walk and that may be 1 reason why the ATS seem to be a little cheaper than the other SC suites.  But I absolutely think everyone should try the ATS at least once.  They are very very special.

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We've been in both the A1 and the A2.  Both are GREAT but I will say that deck 8 is much bigger than deck 9.  I think people have decided (I know we have !!) that they would rather be up on Deck 17 and not bother with the long walk and that may be 1 reason why the ATS seem to be a little cheaper than the other SC suites.  But I absolutely think everyone should try the ATS at least once.  They are very very special.

We booked the ATS simply due to cost.  We could not justify the$3000 difference between that and Deck 17.  In the case of our cruise this March, for $100 we could.  But not for the next one.  Also, the separate bedroom makes more sense as the kids get older and want more space.  For next month, we're going to have one kid on the sofa bed and one in a cot.  

10 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

For next month, we're going to have one kid on the sofa bed and one in a cot.

I pray no one gets the roll away of doom. That darn thing would collapse down with the slightest movement the wrong way. Fortunately it only happened to me once while sleeping. Rest of the times I was wide awake when it collapsed. Looking back I really should have said something.

Just now, CGTLH said:

I pray no one gets the roll away of doom

The request has already been made lol. It's their own doing, they refuse to share a bed.  They made a deal in August while on Mariner.  We had a roll away in the JS and they said that whoever took that on then would get the sofa bed on Harmony.  Since it was D10's birthday cruise, she chose the sofa bed.  Which means D10 gets the roll away of doom next month.  But she's petite and less than 50lbs so she might survive. ?