Paying for a cruise CAD versus US Dollars

Never noticed (or even checked) but we always book in CAD.  That way, we know what we are paying.  If you pay in USD, then the CAD equivalent will change (unless you pay if off right away).  Also, there is an extra exchange charge on a credit card.

PS - Just tested this for Harmony 2021 cruise.  Non-refundable cost is cheaper in USD, but refundable cost is cheaper in CAD.  

PPS - Not related to price but I love how the USD stateroom selection screen highlights the actual available rooms (whereas other rooms are in white).  In CAD, the colors don't change so you need to manually look for the room number to see where they are.  Great feature.  Not sure why they don't have this on CAD search.

I'm Canadian.  We always pay in USD.  I have noticed that there is slight price difference as you mentioned in the original post.  But it is not consistent.  We pay in USD with a US credit card.  Then we exchange money at a local currency exchange where we get a slightly better rate.  We've done that for a few years now.

I can tell you for a fact that RCL will convert using their rate and apply a service charge that would be higher than a CDN credit card changing to USD.

Everything we buy from RCL, a TA or anything else is done with a USD credit card. We exchange CDN to USD online and pay the USD CC bill that way. Anytime you have a service based in a currency that is something other than your CC (and they tell you what the $$ would be in your currency) you leave yourself open to them layering on whatever exchange charges they want.

1 hour ago, Gears said:

I can tell you for a fact that RCL will convert using their rate and apply a service charge that would be higher than a CDN credit card changing to USD.

Everything we buy from RCL, a TA or anything else is done with a USD credit card. We exchange CDN to USD online and pay the USD CC bill that way. Anytime you have a service based in a currency that is something other than your CC (and they tell you what the $$ would be in your currency) you leave yourself open to them layering on whatever exchange charges they want.

^^^ what he said ??