Suite Beach at Coco Cay

I was looking at Star and Sky class perks from the inspiration/bad influence of @Lovetocruise2002's Genie live blog.  This was one thing that stuck out to me, since they call out Labadee's beach facility specifically.  I found myself looking for itineraries that went that way instead of to Cococay.  Given the dollars being invested in Cococay and the desire to send ships there, I assume there will be a equal perk, but would like to know before booking.

5 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Really hoping for a suite guest private beach area ala Labadee (minus all the little sharp rocks!). 

Anyone else annoyed at the fact that RC has the equipment and manpower to grade the beach and backfill the area with fine grain beach sand? Why the hell on earth do I need to wear water shoes? Just a rant, sorry!

Good point. Maybe they will take more care with Coco Cay with all the money they are sinking in it. 

On 2/4/2019 at 1:39 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I agree. Right now there are no suite exclusive areas that I have heard of but I fully expect that to change once the routine operation of the port is in full swing.

Let's define 'right now'.

Right now...as in August 2018 and December 2018 there was a suite only area and buffet.  It was next to the cabanas.  There was beach/swim/seating and chairs just for suite quests.  How this will play out in the future when they 'open' perfect day and have the additional 'new' cabana locations remains to be seen.  The beach area at the current cabanas was very very nice.  No water shoes needed.

8 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Let's define 'right now'.

Right now...as in August 2018 and December 2018 there was a suite only area and buffet.  It was next to the cabanas.  There was beach/swim/seating and chairs just for suite quests.  How this will play out in the future when they 'open' perfect day and have the additional 'new' cabana locations remains to be seen.  The beach area at the current cabanas was very very nice.  No water shoes needed.

You are correct.  I should have said..that there are currently no plans to have a suite-exclusive area on Perfect Day at Coco Cay.  I don't know if the old suites area near the old cabanas is still there or not.  I know they have moved the cabanas elsewhere.

• 3 months later...

I have heard some very unofficial yapping about a small Suites area somewhere...but nobody really knows much about it, if it even exists. I don’t think there is anything there but some loungers.  I will find out soon.  On a B2B on NAV in a GS at the end of June.  I’ll report back if nobody else gets any intel before then.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
43 minutes ago, Rei said:

Does anyone know if there is now a separate area for suite passengers on cocobay?

There’s not, but starting the end of January 2020, you can PAY A FEE to go to the exclusive private beach club.  That’s open to any guest who PAYS THE ADDITIONAL FEE of $59 to $79 each on the cruises I have booked.  You won’t have to be in a suite to go there as long as you are wiling to pay more money. LOL

With the new private beach club, I don’t see where they would put a suite only area. Every inch of beach has been developed once the beach club/over water cabanas opens. 

I was there in October on Mariner and the beach club hadn’t even been started. I just bought it for our symphony cruise in May. Got it for $50.99  (Down from 69.99) on Black Friday. Have no idea how crowded it’ll be with an oasis class. Daughter was there 2 weeks ago on Symphony and said it wasn’t all that crowded. Oh well, bought it anyway! Lol