Flying into San Juan late- night before embarkation

Nay

First cruise ever, getting nervous.

Will be on Freedom end of Feb. Flying into San Juan night before to arrive at airport around 11pm, have read to always arrive the day before cruise leaves. Beginning to wish I had book flights a little earlier in the day, just in case things go wrong. Have reservations for hotel to arrive around midnight. Just beginning to get nervous.

Schedule: arrive at hotel midnight, sleep 6-7 hrs, would love to be at ship by 11-11:30 am , am I being to ambitious??

Sail away is 8:30 pm

Would love to hear from some of you with lots of experience flying to your port. Is this too late for comfort? 

What are your thoughts? TIA

Where are you leaving from? If you are leaving from a warm or mild weather location, I’d not worry too much. If you’re leaving from a place with potential winter weather issues, perhaps keep an eye on the forecasts. As you draw closer, some airlines will help you re-book an earlier flight if it looks like there’s potential for flight delaying/cancelling weather. 

11:00-11:30 is a great time to arrive. San Juan is a great port and Freedom is an awesome ship. I’ve sailed out of there three times.

You didn’t say how quickly you’re flying out on the back end of the cruise, but hopefully you’ll get to enjoy San Juan at least a bit.  I would never discourage anyone from rushing onto the ship (I always do myself), but if that is your only time to see San Juan, perhaps take a half day and enjoy it and get onto the ship a little later. 

11 hours ago, Nay said:

Schedule: arrive at hotel midnight, sleep 6-7 hrs, would love to be at ship by 11-11:30 am , am I being to ambitious??

Sail away is 8:30 pm

Would love to hear from some of you with lots of experience flying to your port. Is this too late for comfort? 

I think that plan works well. As you're aware, you late arrival means not a lot of time to sleep but the pre-cruise excitement may not allow for much more sleep anyway.