pub crawl?

jefro

Pub crawls are typically associated with group events such as Royal Caribbean Blog group cruises or RCPeriscopers.live group cruises.  

They typically get scheduled and sent out to the group before boarding so everyone can plan around group event times.

There is nothing stopping anyone from putting a pub crawl together because they are independent of the ship.  The ship isn't involved with the planning or execution of a pub crawl which can lead to conflicts such as trivia in a bar when dozens of pub crawlers descend on it, or bar staff becoming overwhelmed when a sole bartender at a slow bar suddenly has several dozen guests to serve at once.  

They are usually a lot fun.  

twangster,im gonna use your experience on this and ask a question

should i look to see if someone else is planning a crawl (and where should i loook for that info)

or should i get the ball rolling myself?

and...wouldnt the cruise like to know ahead of time to help with any problems you listed?

2 hours ago, jefro said:

twangster,im gonna use your experience on this and ask a question

should i look to see if someone else is planning a crawl (and where should i loook for that info)

or should i get the ball rolling myself?

and...wouldnt the cruise like to know ahead of time to help with any problems you listed?

There are some roll calls on Cruise Critic.  You might check there to see if a pub crawl is planned.  

The ship rarely gets involved with organized group events. Being involved with a pub crawl is something a lawyer somewhere is likely drooling over. Better to keep their distance.  

Over Halloween, we organized a Pub Crawl/Poker Run on Grandeur ..... it was pretty much those of us that were on the Facebook Group page, RCI had nothing to do with it, although we did try to give the bartenders a "heads-up" that we were doing it.  The folks up in the VCL were very accommodating because they let us use space up there to announce the winner (that was me .... yea) of the poker portion, get some group photos, etc

Poker Run.jpg

• 2 months later...