Ultimate Dining Package Reservations

Bob_KY

We cruise February 23 on the Allure OTS.  We purchased the Ultimate Dining Pkg.  I've read Matt's blog post and was content on waiting until we got on board to solidify specialty restaurant reservations.  

However, when I logged in "cruise planner" this morning,  there was an alert that specialty restaurant reservations are fillling up.  I've booked all my shows and activities (again except dining).  

Should I be concerned that I will not be able able to make dinner reservations that accommodates our show schedule?  My spreadsheet obsession is causing anxiety...  ?

My spreadsheet is worrying me for the same reason. I'm beginning to wonder if the specialty dining packages are such a good deal if you can't make reservations until you're on the ship. I'm not sure why it would be so hard to make a dinner reservation and have the computer recognize your plan in lieu of payment.

11 minutes ago, kontraxed said:

My spreadsheet is worrying me for the same reason. I'm beginning to wonder if the specialty dining packages are such a good deal if you can't make reservations until you're on the ship. I'm not sure why it would be so hard to make a dinner reservation and have the computer recognize your plan in lieu of payment.

Shhhhhh...don't bring up computerization, simplicity and common sense with respect to the RCL website. It's like a massive dumpster fire here. ?

Have your list ready with time options 1, 2 & 3 for each reservation you want to make on your list. They will have a kiosk in the promenade...find it when you get on the ship as soon as you can.

36 minutes ago, Gears said:

Have your list ready with time options 1, 2 & 3 for each reservation you want to make on your list. They will have a kiosk in the promenade...find it when you get on the ship as soon as you can.

I've done it this way the last 5-6 cruises with UDP, it's worth it, it's just one of those things you have to deal with, be a little flexible with your dinning times and possibly show times and if something doesn't work exactly the way you like don't let it ruin your cruise. Do it first thing then you are done.

You may find as the cruise go's on that your plans change, don't be afraid to adjust your reservations if that happens.

Some cruises I plan on making it to every show, every gathering, etc., but as cruise fever sets in you start to relax, you might start saying to yourself "Maybe we don't really need to go to the show, maybe we just chill out and watch the movie on the pool deck"...

5 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Just an FYI...for those staying in full suites, the Concierge will make your specialty dining reservations for you before boarding.  They don’t advertise this perk but I’ve never had a Concierge fail to do this for us.

I was going to ask about this!  Thanks for the info as I will certainly try this in May on Navigator.

7 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Just an FYI...for those staying in full suites, the Concierge will make your specialty dining reservations for you before boarding.  They don’t advertise this perk but I’ve never had a Concierge fail to do this for us.

How do they (concierge) make contact? I still dont receive emails from RCL.  . . This has me nervous. 

9 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

How do they (concierge) make contact? I still dont receive emails from RCL.  . . This has me nervous. 

I don't receive promotional materials either but I always get the ones from the concierge without a problem.  They usually contact you about a week prior to sailing.