Escape room

MindiLou

3 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Does it cost for every ship now? Did it on Anthem a few years ago and it was included. 

There is a cost for everyone now.  It use to be $7.99 but that changed about 8-9 months ago to about $20pp now.  Not sure if there was any truth to it, but rumour was that it was to deter people from pulling a no-show.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

There is a cost for everyone now.  It use to be $7.99 but that changed about 8-9 months ago to about $20pp now.  Not sure if there was any truth to it, but rumour was that it was to deter people from pulling a no-show.

You say deter I say another way to nickel and dime us. 

18 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

You say deter I say another way to nickel and dime us. 

No, @Lovetocruise2002 is correct.  The escape room has become so popular RC instituted the cost to help control crowds. Inherently, some people will not pay extra on principle for, well, anything.  Beyond that, the cost point is set such that people that really want to do the escape room will seek it out and book it.  It prevents others who might want to do it and just put a reservation down arbitrarily from taking up spots.

I do understand this is an example of something that used to be free and now costs extra, but from what I've heard from candid conversations with the cruise line this is less about making an extra buck and more about ensuring people who really want to do the escape room can do it.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

No, @Lovetocruise2002 is correct.  The escape room has become so popular RC instituted the cost to help control crowds. Inherently, some people will not pay extra on principle for, well, anything.  Beyond that, the cost point is set such that people that really want to do the escape room will seek it out and book it.  It prevents others who might want to do it and just put a reservation down arbitrarily from taking up spots.

I do understand this is an example of something that used to be free and now costs extra, but from what I've heard from candid conversations with the cruise line this is less about making an extra buck and more about ensuring people who really want to do the escape room can do it.

That’s just an excuse imo, what’s next charging for the shows? Same principle, they could just institute a standby line like the many other things that are in high demand. 

3 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

That’s just an excuse imo, what’s next charging for the shows? Same principle, they could just institute a standby line like the many other things that are in high demand. 

I don't think a stand by line would work, I think they only let 10-12 people in these puzzle rooms?