“I Dream of Genie” – Star Class - Harmony of the Seas – 03/10/19-03/17/19

Lovetocruise2002

17 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Just be aware that only those booked in Star Class cabins are entitled to the benefits.  The Aqua Theatre suites hold 8.  Royal Loft holds 6.  Villa Suite holds 14.  Those are some of the star class cabins that can hold more people.  The two Star Lofts (the category that we had) will only hold 4 each.

Berty's background is as @CGTLH described.  He is a newer Genie but people love him as a concierge.  From those that have had him so far as a Genie, the reviews have been fantastic!  I'd say you have nothing to worry about.

Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Matt said:

She cheated and started early. There will always be an asterisk next to her name.

8 hours ago, Skid said:

Hmmm...I started early also, as have others. But IIRC, wasn't it you that started this trend???? We just followed the leader! Asterisks for all!

Thank you!  I am glad someone finally remembers who started it all! lol

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2019 at 2:02 PM, Minicruiser said:

We like the big ships too and planned our last trip around being on Symphony. But....I’m hoping Alaska is different....more about the destination and less about the ship. We have long port excursions every day except two, which is quite different from our symphony trip. Fingers crossed that my kids don’t get bored!!!

On 4/12/2019 at 8:39 AM, Minicruiser said:

Hi all! I just wanted to jump back on and say thanks to all of those that answered my Star class questions and a special thanks again for this awesome live blog @Lovetocruise2002! Our Symphony Cruise was amazing. Our genie, Alina, was phenomenal and made everything extra special for the kids. I have no idea how you manage to live blog your cruise because I barely had time to take pictures we were having so much fun! Lol.  We’ve already booked again for June on Radiance (alas, no genie) to celebrate my oldest son’s high school graduation. Thanks again for all of the advice! We were nervous but it was all amazing just as you said it would be!

Hi @Minicruiser we will be on The Symphony of the Seas Nov. 30 sailing in the Four Bedroom Villa Suite.  What suite did you have?  By chance do you have a blog that I can read?  I had so much fun reading this one @Lovetocruise2002!

On 6/10/2019 at 6:37 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The Villa is very hard to secure.  I would advise booking that as early as possible.  There is only one on Harmony and one on Symphony.  So two in the whole entire fleet.  That cabin is usually the first to go.

You are absolutely correct @Lovetocruise2002.  We had the Ultimate Family Suite booked when there wasn’t too much info about the actual room.  I am a TA so I was playing around with the numbers and I luckily found the Villa Suite open and it wasn’t much more.

Thank you again for this.  I have been looking for reviews of Star Class but they are few and far between.  You are amazing @Lovetocruise2002.  

3 hours ago, Queenbeecruises said:

Hi @Minicruiser we will be on The Symphony of the Seas Nov. 30 sailing in the Four Bedroom Villa Suite.  What suite did you have?  By chance do you have a blog that I can read?  I had so much fun reading this one @Lovetocruise2002!

I didn’t do a blog, sorry! I don’t know how people manage to do all of that while on vacation. It all goes by so quickly, especially with 6 kids in tow. I’m so impressed by the blog skills on this site!!! We were in a 2-bedroom aquatheater and absolutely loved it. I’m jealous of the four bedroom villa though. That looks amazing! Symphony is a beautiful ship and you will have a blast!

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Jandy said:

We are Allure in August 2021 ... our first star class!  Your blog is great and makes me look forward to ours!! Thank you so much!!

We’re on Allure in March 2021. You will love star class. Enjoy the countdown. Nothing beats the excitement of that first star class cruise!

18 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This time it will be your turn to do the Genie recon for me.  I hear it's going to be an all star Genie team on Oasis for the next few months.  I am excited but nervous that Araceli has ruined us for most Genies.

I know the feeling Sabrina but am confident this trip will be just as amazing as The one with Araceli!  

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for all of this amazing info. We have been booked in a JS for our 11 night southern Caribbean on the Anthem in Jan for some time now, but we’re just upgraded to the corner grand loft suite, star class! We are beyond excited, as we have always dreamed of sailing SC. 
this blog has so much great info. Hopefully I’ll hear from our Genie soon, as we are 6 weeks out now. Can’t wait!! 

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yippee !  Another one !  You should hear from your a Genie at about 30 days out.  Have you already received your Questionnaire ?

No. We just upgraded yesterday! We are so excited. I don’t think I’ve ever been so ready for a cruise! 

i love the idea of getting a gift for your Genie. Hopefully I’ll know who ours is soon and can prepare. 

9 hours ago, MichelleWags said:

Thank you so much for all of this amazing info. We have been booked in a JS for our 11 night southern Caribbean on the Anthem in Jan for some time now, but we’re just upgraded to the corner grand loft suite, star class! We are beyond excited, as we have always dreamed of sailing SC. 
this blog has so much great info. Hopefully I’ll hear from our Genie soon, as we are 6 weeks out now. Can’t wait!! 

Welcome to the point of no return. ?

That is a fantastic upgrade.  I have yet to sail SC on Anthem.  All our SC bookings are on Oasis class.  If you scroll through the live blogs, there are a few SC blogs specifically on Anthem that you might find helpful as you wait out the next six weeks!  Happy planning!  We just made final payment on our next SC adventure in March.  The excitement is returning. 

We were on Anthem in Feb 2019 on B2B Star Class cruises (16 glorious days !!).  We had Yen Lee as our Genie on both of these cruises and while Yen is not a "I wanna be your bestie" kind of Genie, she is very efficient and professional.  I would be happy to have her again as my Genie.

I have been SC on both the O class and the Q class.  While I will always be a O class gal, I did really enjoy our time in SC on the Anthem.  There are so many things that, having a Genie, makes so much easier on the Q class ships.  We only did the bumper cars once (it was enough !) but being able to go to the front of THAT line was worth solid gold.  Also, getting to go to the front of the line for North Star any time you want to go, is pretty incredible. We did NS 4 times (twice on each leg) and I definitely prefer going while in port.  When you are at sea, well....not much to see except the sea.  We absolutely loved We Will Rock You (I think it's the best show Royal Caribbean offers on ANY ship) and got seats waaay up front the first time and back a little further the second time. I am not a huge fan of being up front but Dan wants to be right up front for some reason...  We did not do the IFy.  Dan was a real world sky diver and so the simulator didn't really appeal to him.  Yen got us front row seats for both Spectra (twice) and the cover band concert held in the Music Hall (twice).  BTW, I would NOT recommend getting seats right up front for Spectra.  There is a lot of activity that ends up behind you, if you are in the front.  I would request seats back a few rows rather than right up front.  Either way, you will not have to rush to get there before all of the good seats are taken.  That is very important for 270 unless you want to sit in the balcony.

Since you've been SC before no need to warn you about the SC food coma or the dangers of ordering the Seafood towers in Chops.  I'm sure you've already made those mistakes... we all do. On our SC cruise last week we asked our Genie (Joyce...incredible Genie) not to bring ANY unsolicited food to the suite at all.  We just can never eat it and I hate wasting food.  It was wonderful not to have food scraps all around and then feeling guilty about not eating it.  We did have individual meals sent to the suite, but that's different.  It's the random STUFF that they just send...all that fruit !!!  I suspect that if you have children on the cruise, it is nice to have a few things to have them gnosh on, but with just the 2 of us, it was just waaaytooo much.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Sorry, Sabrina.  I didn't realize this was your old thread !!  once again, Raye #readthethreadtitlebeforeposting

No worries Raye. I am still surprised that this thread continues to live on. Maybe I should just use this thread to continue with our next SC adventure instead of starting a new one. ?

• 1 year later...

@Lovetocruise2002…Sabrina, I just managed to finish this wonderful novel!  Thanks so much for a wonderful blog about the great experiences.  I still have a lot more reading to do, but am so thankful for you and the many other for posting this. While trip is many, many, many days away, I may have to consider doing my own live blog when the time comes…if I can make the time between all the fun to come!

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

@Lovetocruise2002 Thank you for this blog!  I know it's pushing 3 years old now, and the world has changed a tad since then, but I was having a hard time finding a true explanation of what to expect from Star Class.  My wife and I have been DCL cruisers for 10 years. (A long time ago I was a dedicated USN cruiser for 10 years.🤪)

We finally got to cruise in Concierge last month on DCL and were completely blown away.  That also got me thinking there must be something better, for maybe a little less money. I over-research and over-plan everything, so this blog has helped me tremendously! 

My wife just comes along for the ride and really doesn't do anything except pack, as I'd forget my medicine if I packed.  She does tell everyone I'm the best private travel agent in the world though.  So there's that!

Thanks again!  I think our next cruise will be Star Class!

4 hours ago, Wine Guy said:

@Lovetocruise2002 Thank you for this blog!  I know it's pushing 3 years old now, and the world has changed a tad since then, but I was having a hard time finding a true explanation of what to expect from Star Class.  My wife and I have been DCL cruisers for 10 years. (A long time ago I was a dedicated USN cruiser for 10 years.🤪)

We finally got to cruise in Concierge last month on DCL and were completely blown away.  That also got me thinking there must be something better, for maybe a little less money. I over-research and over-plan everything, so this blog has helped me tremendously! 

My wife just comes along for the ride and really doesn't do anything except pack, as I'd forget my medicine if I packed.  She does tell everyone I'm the best private travel agent in the world though.  So there's that!

Yes, so much has indeed changed, but we (or I should say "I" lol) still love star class!  We took our first SC cruise since the pandemic in December 2019 (blog link in signature) and I can pretty much say the experience has not changed too much.  Sure there are some minor things but the fabulous experience is still intact.  We are pretty excited as we are about to embark on our first ever group SC sailing in about 10 days!  #MajorStarClassTakeOver, stay tuned!  Let me know if there is anything you want me to find out for you.

2 hours ago, Wine Guy said:

This is why we have our first SC cruise on Wonder in 3 weeks!  Thanks to@WAAAYTOOO @Jax @AshleyDilloalso.