“I Dream of Genie” – Star Class - Harmony of the Seas – 03/10/19-03/17/19

Lovetocruise2002

30 minutes ago, Minicruiser said:

Glad you made it home safely! I’m sure re-entry will be rough. 

Quick question. I’m looking at the photo package since we have such a big group. I thought I’d double check and make sure that wasn’t included with SC. Didn’t find it anywhere but didn’t want to assume. Thanks!

No package included. If you are Diamond and above, you can still get your one free photo per adult.

Also, if you are interested, the Genie can arrange a private photography session for you but you would pay for the pictures. @tiny260 might have some more info on that.

21 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

No package included. If you are Diamond and above, you can still get your one free photo per adult.

Also, if you are interested, the Genie can arrange a private photography session for you but you would pay for the pictures. @tiny260 might have some more info on that.

Interesting, I’d love photos that weren’t just the typical backdrop, and of course without waiting in line ?

1 minute ago, Minicruiser said:

Interesting, I’d love photos that weren’t just the typical backdrop, and of course without waiting in line ?

The Genie scheduled our time with the photographer for one of the formal evenings, it is only done in the Studio, very professional, the sitting is free, he took probably 40 pictures, some just continuous, trying to get a genuine reaction photo instead of a pose. My wife just told me the only choice are black and white. We scheduled a preview for one of the sea days.

We then went through all of the photos and we picked out 8 or 10 I can't remember, he then touches these up in Photoshop I think, he gives you an example while you are sitting there so you know what to expect.

So 8-10 photos for the 2 of us was $500, if you buy the whole digital package they are supposed to throw in all the photo's including the untouched up photos.

Something happened on ours and we got the 8-10 touched up and the 8-10 untouched, we didn't get the other 20-30 other untouched, either we were never supposed to or we misunderstood what we thought we agreed to.

With that said, I was hesitant going in because I had heard horror stories of peoples packages being in the $1200 range, maybe it depends on how many people are in the sitting? The person that posted this was a Grandmother and it was a whole family cruise, so I assume a whole family photo sitting.

They are really good photos, I'm glad we did them, my Wife and I had not sit down for photo's in probably 20 years, so it was a good thing for us to do.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I keep referring to the photographer as a he, because our was. They are also very serious about focusing on you, they lock the door and even if people are knocking they will not stop and answer the door.

14 hours ago, Jaymac Radio said:

Safe Travels Home Sabrina. Thanks For The Amazing Live Blog. I Am Looking Forward To You Next Blog. 

Terrific Blog Sabrina!  I'm so glad you made it home safely!  So very happy you made us feel like part of your wonderful trip!

11 day countdown for our 9 Night Navigator Trip!  Wonderful to share with cruise loving people!

Michelle

41 minutes ago, betatke1480 said:

Is it July 4th yet....  The FOMO from this blog, and having to cancel the Mariner GC that everyone is on, has me itching for the Anthem GC...  I think it's about 108 days and 59 minutes from now that we will be on our way to the port, not that I'm counting...

The waiting is forever. Then the week goes by way too fast.

32 minutes ago, ellcee said:

OMG. You got the genie thoughtful and beautiful gifts!!! (sidenote - I love "Araceli" so much, it's one of my closest friend's name. it's such a pretty girly name)

Loved following along, it sounds like you and your family had a fantastic cruise. Thanks for letting us in.

Thanks for following along ?

17 hours ago, Sweety said:

@Lovetocruise2002, I am planning my retirement cruise. I will go Start class unless I get a B2B 10 and 11 day cruise.  Vision cruises looks great. Now that I have hubby's card, I have book an extension to my cruise July 2020. Starting my countdown.

I'm seriously considering SC for our retirement, too. I can start saving now, lol.

On 3/19/2019 at 7:32 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

No, it's not that I want to be quiet, it just that real life hit as soon as I got home ?

I completely related to that real life hitting.  I have been back a month and am still digging out from all the work emails I received while I was away (and refused to login to my work email while on board!)

In a desperate, last ditch effort to cure our post cruise depression, D10 and I finally had a chance to sit down and watch the replay of our sail away.  This last pic is for @rjac. Here is another selfie for you. ?

80B85B64-75B5-42B9-822E-3388C77083C5.thumb.jpeg.077582f44df5f4e10ae94614a5a91a60.jpeg

In the end, nothing fixes PCD, only the next cruise. Anthem GC, July 4th!  15 weeks dry dock until I finally get to meet @Matt and many other RCBlog friends!  Cannot wait! 

29 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Here is another selfie for you

White outfit, second from the right...right? I, too, am counting the days and checking for "deals". We're on the Anthem the week after you and the RC Blog gang for a 5 day-2 night- Bermuda cruise. Hopefully, we can all be on a future cruise together. Stay warm! :27_sunglasses:

34 minutes ago, rjac said:

White outfit, second from the right...right? I, too, am counting the days and checking for "deals". We're on the Anthem the week after you and the RC Blog gang for a 5 day-2 night- Bermuda cruise. Hopefully, we can all be on a future cruise together. Stay warm! :27_sunglasses:

Nope.  That is not me! ?

Would be great if we could cruise together one day! 

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

15 weeks dry dock until I finally get to meet @Matt and many other RCBlog friends!

While I won't be sailing with any of you, I'm hoping that there will be some kind of pre-cruise meet-up that I could maybe crash and at least have a chance to meet everyone. You'll all practically be in my backyard, although if you're staying / meeting in NYC that will make things harder. Depending on the day, might schedule a day off from work.

1 minute ago, JLMoran said:

While I won't be sailing with any of you, I'm hoping that there will be some kind of pre-cruise meet-up that I could maybe crash and at least have a chance to meet everyone. You'll all practically be in my backyard, although if you're staying / meeting in NYC that will make things harder. Depending on the day, might schedule a day off from work.

Matt says there is. It is where I messaged you before.

1 hour ago, WannaCruise said:

Live your report.  And always good to have other cruises to look forward to.  Have you been on Anthem before?  That's our next March break.  Neat too you'll catch her post dry dock.

P.S. -i find creating a nice photo book helps with post cruise depression

Yes. This will be our second time on Anthem. I don’t know how much I will blog this time since it will be a GC and we have the same room and I already blogged it last year. We will see.

25 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes. This will be our second time on Anthem. I don’t know how much I will blog this time since it will be a GC and we have the same room and I already blogged it last year. We will see.

Oh, I see it now in your signature.  Will definitely read through it. ?

Your kids enjoyed?  Seems like it'll be different kind of ship from other Royal ships.

31 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Oh, I see it now in your signature.  Will definitely read through it. ?

Your kids enjoyed?  Seems like it'll be different kind of ship from other Royal ships.

It is. I have a love/hate relationship with Anthem. We are sailing it again because it is: a chance to sail with friends, going to Bermuda, in the summer. I don’t really care for the ship itself.

I wrote about it in length in my blog ?

48 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It is. I have a love/hate relationship with Anthem. We are sailing it again because it is: a chance to sail with friends, going to Bermuda, in the summer. I don’t really care for the ship itself.

I wrote about it in length in my blog ?

Will take a read. Sounds like a great opportunity even if not your favorite ship.  I'm excited to try it out.  We're going in March which means a couple cooler days but I'm sure we'll still enjoy.  Will just be different.

Finally caught up on this live blog, and you did such an amazing job with this!

giphy.gif

(This GIF is like looking in the mirror)

I really enjoyed it, and loved how much of the cruise experience you shared. The fact you made those gifts for your Genie is such a great idea!

Can't wait for the Anthem GC!!!

On 3/22/2019 at 8:24 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I have a love/hate relationship with Anthem. We are sailing it again because it is: a chance to sail with friends, going to Bermuda, in the summer. I don’t really care for the ship itself.

Wow, I don't know if I want to be excited or depressed spending 9 days with you, lol.

I will have basically 5 months from my star class and you will have 3, hopefully you and the DW can console each other. Knowing her, with kids around she will be in full Grandmother mode...

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Finally caught up on this live blog, and you did such an amazing job with this!

giphy.gif

(This GIF is like looking in the mirror)

Wow!  You sure put on a great disguise whenever you go live on social media! ?

5 hours ago, tiny260 said:

Wow, I don't know if I want to be excited or depressed spending 9 days with you, lol.

Well, many have told me that I am a bad influence to be around so be forewarned.  By the time your DW and I are through 9 days, I cannot promise what kind of dent that will put in your bank account. ?

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Wow!  You sure put on a great disguise whenever you go live on social media! ?

Well, many have told me that I am a bad influence to be around so be forewarned.  By the time your DW and I are through 9 days, I cannot promise what kind of dent that will put in your bank account. ?

OK, she said it's on, she is a shopaholic, she can shop with the best.

From 39 years of experience I can testify that is a true statement.

3 hours ago, tiny260 said:

she is a shopaholic, she can shop with the best.

From 39 years of experience I can testify that is a true statement

Going on 47 years of experience here and my wife now has her third degree black belt in shopping....she lost her credit card a few weeks ago and I didn't report it....whoever found her card and was using it was spending less than she was. So when we go shopping, I always hold her hand...that way she can't spend any money. My wife can't resist a sale, especially if it's marked down....last week she came home with an escalator!! (Thank you Rodney Dangerfield) :3_grin::3_grin: