“I Dream of Genie” – Star Class - Harmony of the Seas – 03/10/19-03/17/19

Lovetocruise2002

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Day 3: Labadee

Gorgeous day in Labadee today! Lots of sun and not too hot. D10 was in the water almost the entire time and D12 made full use of the cabana. Originally we had a beachfront booked (B2) but switched to an over the water one (W5). Best choice ever! Clear view of the ship, clear view of the D10 in the water and on the beach. And fairly private. I will let the pictures do the talking.

Entry into the Cabana:

Separate entry into the water via a ladder. The other OTW cabanas on the other side have stairs.

And so that @twangsterbot doesn’t have to photoshop me into Labadee anymore, and @rjac requested so nicely.... ?

11DC6E45-3CA6-42B3-A440-FE932629E3E8.thumb.jpeg.61e7a1ae4f2b8d1b72a28aa2fd1cdd51.jpeg

What a gorgeous day and a gorgeous pic of both you, the cabana you chose, and the ship too of course!

You are using your genie perks so "perfectly" going to both Chops and Wonderland!  You are one smart cookie as my Mom would say!  Good for you and your family!  Live in the Moment!  I have 2 girls also!  You remind me of myself "a few years ago Ha!"   My oldest daughter is almost 32 and the other 29!  We will be at the Barefoot Beach club on Labadee on our 9 night Navigator starting the 29th!  Getting even, even more excited now after seeing your beautiful photos!  The weather was perfect!  We don't have a cabana tho!  I will be out floating around!  We have experienced the Barefoort Beach Club one other time in September where we upgraded to a 1 bed Aqua theater suite for the cost of GS!  It was like heaven!  We will be there again on this Navigator cruise and looking forward to enjoying it one more time!  

Please keep the pics coming!

Michelle

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Day 3: Labadee

Gorgeous day in Labadee today! Lots of sun and not too hot. D10 was in the water almost the entire time and D12 made full use of the cabana. Originally we had a beachfront booked (B2) but switched to an over the water one (W5). Best choice ever! Clear view of the ship, clear view of the D10 in the water and on the beach. And fairly private. I will let the pictures do the talking.

Entry into the Cabana:

I am so happy that you were happy with the cabana.  The day in that cabana was probably my favorite day all time on any cruise!

28 minutes ago, ldf75 said:

I am so happy that you were happy with the cabana.  The day in that cabana was probably my favorite day all time on any cruise!

I was just saying to Hubby that today has been the perfect day. I tried really hard to soak up every moment in that cabana...reminds me of “The Giver”, storing memories for when you need it for the future ?

25 minutes ago, Floski said:

Wait...inside cabins get genies now???

Only when you are @WAAAYTOOO and you can work magic to turn your inside into a B2B SC ?

Sabrina, I got busted by my work bestie catching up on your blog earlier. I was on the Jamie’s photos and she loudly proclaimed, “SNACKLE SNAPS!!!” in a tone that can only be described as pure glee. Apparently “snackle snaps” is what she and her husband call food pics. Don’t know if the other four letter p-word often used to describe drool-inducing food photos is verboten here so figured I ought to keep my nose clean ?

Labadee... oh my heart. I need to go back. I’d like a Sea-Labadee-Cozumel-Labadee-Sea itinerary. So I can be a beach slug! Is that too much to ask for?!

anyway I am living vicariously through your snackle snaps. Hope you had a great evening! 

Dinner Night 3: Chops

Tonight marks the first night that we have ever dined at Chops on any cruise.  I went tonight with a mission in mind.  You all know that I am #teamCK and one of the things that I love the most there is the Filet on Night 1. I have also heard good things about the Filet at Chops. I figure that if I am going to continue to promote CK to @Matt and get those shirts made, then I better check out the competition. 

The girls decided long ago that they were not interested at all in eating at Chops so Araceli asked what they wanted for dinner, they chose Wonderland.  Our Perfect Day in Labadee turned into a nice “date night” for Hubby and I. From Wonderland, the kids picked the “Popcorn Chicken with Vegetables”, “Crispy Mac & Cheese fries”, and a side of cherry tomatoes. Here is the series of texts that I received through dinner: 

???

418BD589-F1DD-4EDF-AC51-38B1E3EA79BB.thumb.jpeg.84037e6c5d764ee19e0dcbb0769738d9.jpeg

Popcorn Chicken:

57FF7A64-AAAA-4E79-9C9A-86BEA43CB8D9.jpeg.d65bb8d2268024c732505211285bd369.jpeg

Mac & Cheese fries:

51113156-8E99-4159-BEEF-91FD30491D6E.jpeg.9fda3d5d9c99a5adf5541c5622659919.jpeg

Cherry tomatoes:

8069B836-5B49-4EFC-BBB5-75DEF47C8A93.jpeg.2e878cffc1e0f5a9fb7c9015a739c8e2.jpeg

And condiments were a bust too as they could not figure out how to open them ?

Meanwhile over at Chops....100% wonderful dinner both in service and quality!

Drink Menu:

1BBC63E9-5785-47D9-92B4-7ECE071C5AF5.thumb.jpeg.96f8d61277bff314709c31d4976b6288.jpeg

E2A289A3-6FC3-4FC9-9B1D-2D7CFB88C1E5.thumb.jpeg.e29aab283e56cbcdf36946236f48dcd7.jpeg

Dinner Menu:

2E7CA6CC-DD22-4A6F-B703-8FA1CE2421D8.thumb.jpeg.f25fabe4a905f630329d96538ade5709.jpeg

FD434CE3-B201-468F-84D1-63E58488F39C.thumb.jpeg.a7715c91286c8b3a432b0e1c9c60b01b.jpeg

Ceasar Salad:

(Side note...that Lavender Tonic in the background was delicious!)

4216F707-F925-4161-AD8A-DABAC76AC8C6.thumb.jpeg.8b355c5f94ded66007e5f46672d75de4.jpeg

Bacon:

7B60C4D6-E1EE-41F7-967C-55522F609F6C.thumb.jpeg.cee0ce7744a65942aa0756f5ec619800.jpeg

Grilled Tofu (personal favourite from CK that I had delivered):

CFF6B920-1184-4BB0-8B98-705D07BC924F.thumb.jpeg.f57ee7ab44831987bfe5fc56106c1e13.jpeg

Seafood Tower: delicious, just as many have described.

82A8A4AB-4343-4EC1-B0E9-8D90355F3F52.thumb.jpeg.edbc11892e6f4d59d093fcd78320f235.jpeg

6oz. Filet Mignon

C2677101-5C19-488D-96A8-993307FB45C4.thumb.jpeg.24ea3d268923eb8671159bf94d3a37c1.jpeg

Sides: Mac & Cheese, Truffle fries, Creamy Spinach, Tater tots

8D6F5653-9A96-4A88-BDE8-3E5CDBED47A8.thumb.jpeg.44b2738d59bb4588465c70af76481882.jpeg

Interesting thing happened tonight at Chops. We ran into the CK manager that we met back in 2017 when we last sailed Harmony. Turns out he received a promotion since we last saw him in 2017 and he is now the speciality restaurant manager on board Harmony. He came to check in on us towards the end of dinner and what a perfect time to bring up my research mission tonight. He asked me what my verdict was and I mentioned to him that I thought CK has a better cut of meat (more tender) but Chops has better flavour. He told me that the cuts of meat are supposedly the same in both restaurants. So, not 100% sure of who I give the edge to. They are very comparable  but I still think I prefer the filet at CK slightly over Chops. Nevertheless, we had a fantastic meal tonight!

The bill was even more fantastic!

B9EA8793-4382-49CF-97A7-1490CBC0FA2A.jpeg

The Fine Line from last night was rescheduled for tonight. After we returned from Labadee, Araceli informed us that it has been cancelled again to Night 6 and 7. Also the headliner was also cancelled. She mention that there is usually not this many last minute show changes.

We pushed dinner back and decided that we would just catch the Love and Marriage show at 10:30pm. Well, turns out that was cancelled as well. Not a problem when you  have a Genie or Sky class but the people who are not this sailing must be scrambling to rearrange their schedules. Even The Key would not help you with this scenario. There was a lot of chatter in Chops about this. 

So when there are no shows, guess where we find ourselves now at 11:30pm at night??? 

Back in our suite with....

E6424F93-60E0-4F0E-BE62-1425C3FBB4D8.thumb.jpeg.3cd61d9a2650b8efc727a567629d312d.jpeg

70D76AE9-7100-46CE-8F3C-670C6BF65B89.thumb.jpeg.a1edd92e23d71234678a439d196f3766.jpeg

?? for @Sweety

The perfect end to a fabulous day!

Goodnight all ?

Good morning! 

Day 4: Falmouth, Jamaica

Sitting here in CK alone again as I write this. Just the way I prefer it ? We are making our way towards Jamaica, with docking scheduled for 10 am. It doesn’t matter to us as we are staying on the ship today. Once the rest of the family wakes up, they are planning to try out the flow rider, slides, pool, etc. So just a relaxing day on board. That is the plan.  

My breakfast just arrived. Time to eat ? again...lol

9 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Interesting thing happened tonight at Chops. We ran into the CK manager that we met back in 2017 when we last sailed Harmony. Turns out he received a promotion since we last saw him in 2017 and he is now the speciality restaurant manager on board Harmony. He came to check in on us towards the end of dinner and what a perfect time to bring up my research mission tonight. He asked me what my verdict was and I mentioned to him that I thought CK has a better cut of meat (more tender) but Chops has better flavour. He told me that the cuts of meat are supposedly the same in both restaurants. So, not 100% sure of who I give the edge to. They are very comparable  but I still think I prefer the filet at CK slightly over Chops.

I'm curious with this -- how did you find the salt levels in the CK and Chops filets? When we were given a filet from Chops after our somewhat disappointing Wonderland entrees (mainly the beef dish we'd gotten), I found the same as you in terms of the cut (CK solidly won that), but I also thought CKs was the better flavor in large part because my filet from Chops was so heavily salted.

But I eat mostly salt-free at home, got in the habit after years of my dad having to eat that way due to high blood pressure. So I'm a bit more... aware?... sensitive?... when my food has been what to me tastes over-salted. I like salty / briny stuff when it's appropriate (e.g., anchovies), but that particular Chops filet just tasted like it had more than a bit too much sprinkled on it.

3 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I'm curious with this -- how did you find the salt levels in the CK and Chops filets? When we were given a filet from Chops after our somewhat disappointing Wonderland entrees (mainly the beef dish we'd gotten), I found the same as you in terms of the cut (CK solidly won that), but I also thought CKs was the better flavor in large part because my filet from Chops was so heavily salted.

But I eat mostly salt-free at home, got in the habit after years of my dad having to eat that way due to high blood pressure. So I'm a bit more... aware?... sensitive?... when my food has been what to me tastes over-salted. I like salty / briny stuff when it's appropriate (e.g., anchovies), but that particular Chops filet just tasted like it had more than a bit too much sprinkled on it.

I did not notice it to be overly salted. However, full disclosure, we are salt free people at home so everything on a cruise taste saltier than we are use to. I did find the truffle fries saltier than everything else though.

12 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

Loving this Blog! But how in the world can you eat all that food? I've gained 10 pounds just looking at the pictures! LOL  Enjoy my friend!

I am slowly watching my waistline expand. Also the bad thing is that we eat very healthy and very little at home. Every cruise is a shock to our system but this one more so than ever! ?

10 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I have also heard good things about the Filet at Chops. I figure that if I am going to continue to promote CK to @Matt and get those shirts made, then I better check out the competition. 

10 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

e asked me what my verdict was and I mentioned to him that I thought CK has a better cut of meat (more tender) but Chops has better flavour. He told me that the cuts of meat are supposedly the same in both restaurants.

See? CK is nothing special!

5 minutes ago, ThyriC said:

Oh wow, the wine list at Chops looks seriously legit!  I have a feeling I'm just going to camp out in Chops for my entire sailing.  And now I'm on a mission to try the lavender cocktail.  Not normally a fan of herbal tasting drinks but hey its a purple drink, I have to try it!

I was unsure of it at first too but it was great! Very slight hint of lavender. I’ll be back for more for sure ?

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am slowly watching my waistline expand. Also the bad thing is that we eat very healthy and very little at home. Every cruise is a shock to our system but this one more so than ever! ?

Just enjoy, that's why elastic waistbands were created! LOL?

Star Class kid problems...

D10: I don’t want to eat at Park Cafe with you, I want to eat Sorrentos and go swimming. 

Me: Ok. Sorrentos isn’t open yet. Call Araceli and ask for a pizza to be delivered from room service. I’m going to the suite lounge. (Leave the room)

D12: (Picks Up the phone) Araceli, can we get 3 slices of pizza? 

(Hubby in the background...”Get a full pizza cause room service comes in a box.”)

D12: Ok, Araceli can we get a full pizza?

Araceli: So 3 pizzas?

D12: (Still thinking of Sorrentos slices) Yes, 3 pizzas.

1/2h later... ?

A46CFB0A-A193-4B3F-94E5-74F78814EACC.thumb.jpeg.13679d030632a46994ee814ac9184892.jpeg

They ate 3 slices ??‍♀️

27 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Star Class kid problems...

D10: I don’t want to eat at Park Cafe with you, I want to eat Sorrentos and go swimming. 

Me: Ok. Sorrentos isn’t open yet. Call Araceli and ask for a pizza to be delivered from room service. I’m going to the suite lounge. (Leave the room)

D12: (Picks Up the phone) Araceli, can we get 3 slices of pizza? 

(Hubby in the background...”Get a full pizza cause room service comes in a box.”)

D12: Ok, Araceli can we get a full pizza?

Araceli: So 3 pizzas?

D12: (Still thinking of Sorrentos slices) Yes, 3 pizzas.

1/2h later... ?

A46CFB0A-A193-4B3F-94E5-74F78814EACC.thumb.jpeg.13679d030632a46994ee814ac9184892.jpeg

They ate 3 slices ??‍♀️

Reminds me the result of asking for two buckets of ice on Radiance. Thinking of the small bucket in the room. Nope, end up with two large plastic buckets of ice.

Even the door tags for breakfast. Eggs fill in "2" thinking two individual eggs, end up with two plates of two eggs.

This is seriously the best blog ever. So glad I found this right before my SC cruise. Thanks for all the info. Your kids especially crack me up. Was wondering about wonderland and kids. Love the dessert idea!  Meanwhile I finally heard fro, our genie, Alina. I sent back a zillion questions and think I scare her off. It’s been silence for two days since. ? ?

3 minutes ago, Minicruiser said:

This is seriously the best blog ever. So glad I found this right before my SC cruise. Thanks for all the info. Your kids especially crack me up. Was wondering about wonderland and kids. Love the dessert idea!  Meanwhile I finally heard fro, our genie, Alina. I sent back a zillion questions and think I scare her off. It’s been silence for two days since. ? ?

My kids are not adventurous eaters. 

@CGTLH and @AshleyDillo just had Alina a few months ago.

17 minutes ago, Floski said:

Grits are not Cream of Wheat

Butter and salt, with pepper optional.  No sugar, no berries!

I'm gonna hafta take my wife to the Canada and feed y'all some proper, creamy grits!!!

?

Lol! I thought it reminded me of Cream of Wheat! What do I know, grits newbie here ?