“I Dream of Genie” – Star Class - Harmony of the Seas – 03/10/19-03/17/19

Lovetocruise2002

Some random pre-cruise thoughts:

- We were chatting in the car today as we drove to the airport and this is probably the most anticipated vacation ever!  I think it tops our honeymoon and Med cruise,  and the girls agree that it likely tops the first visit to Disney World.

- It dawned on me a few days back that it has been 19 long months since I last set foot on an OA class ship. In that time, we have tried out Quantum class & Freedom Class, re-visited Voyager Class, and ventured over to two other cruise lines.

First thought in all this...God has blessed us richly.  

Second thought...I feel deeply that I am “going home”. That is the best way I can describe my love for Oasis class. We’ve tried a bunch over the last year and a half and nothing compares.  Tonight I am going to sleep well because my heart is so full.  Going home...Star class style. What more could a cruise nerd like me ask for? 

Good night all.  Tomorrow is cruise day!

11 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Some random pre-cruise thoughts:

- We were chatting in the car today as we drove to the airport and this is probably the most anticipated vacation ever!  I think it tops our honeymoon and Med cruise,  and the girls agree that it likely tops the first visit to Disney World.

- It dawned on me a few days back that it has been 19 long months since I last set foot on an OA class ship. In that time, we have tried out Quantum class & Freedom Class, re-visited Voyager Class, and ventured over to two other cruise lines.

First thought in all this...God has blessed us richly.  

Second thought...I feel deeply that I am “going home”. That is the best way I can describe my love for Oasis class. We’ve tried a bunch over the last year and a half and nothing compares.  Tonight I am going to sleep well because my heart is so full.  Going home...Star class style. What more could a cruise nerd like me ask for? 

Good night all.  Tomorrow is cruise day!

Sleep well! Welcome “home”

6 hours ago, Floski said:

Since we're booked on Harmony for next April, I'm super excited (more than usual) for your posts!

Let me know if there is anything specific you want me to look for.

6 hours ago, Auto said:

Happy Cruise Day!

Thank you!!

18 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Are you ready to go??? I'm so excited for you!

Yes! I have been awake since 4:05 am. With daylight savings time, that’s 3:05 am? ? At 5:45 am I decided to forget going back to sleep. Getting ready and packing up now. I am always amazed at how my family can sleep away when I am purposely making noise ?

Well...It’s cruise day!!! 

Strange feeling this morning as I sit here with my tea...I have waited so long for this sailing and now that it is here it almost feels unreal. I can’t really explain it but those are my random thoughts this morning. 

Hubby and girls just got moving now so we plan to head over to the port in about an hour and a half.  It’s delayed boarding anyway so no rush. A friend of mine that I met along the way is also sailing star class in the ATS and her Genie told her yesterday that boarding is likely around 11:30am today. 

About a year ago, my friend in the ATS started a FB group for this sailing. This group has been a hidden gem as it has turned out to be so fun getting to know everyone. It almost feels like a group cruise because some of us have become quite friendly with each other.  We have a meet up later at the Mast Bar to kick off the cruise. If we have to wait at the terminal, it won’t be boring as many of them will also be there around 10:30am. 

The family has now joined me for breakfast. Food here is standard hotel breakfast fare. One step below WJ. I did not take pics as they are already in my Indy blog. However, they have moved the location over to the new section.  There is a 24 hr coffee/tea area here. Here are a few pics of the new location:

B63E4A84-F9FA-4B5C-93C7-62CC2934CE12.thumb.jpeg.318fbea3029c935df7a9481d194122c6.jpeg

3243D0DE-CDF7-4198-A83D-4907B5A626E7.thumb.jpeg.6463ec461174b4aa2f9fd11725806bd0.jpeg

22EEFC21-B5C3-4AF8-BDA1-9F50AC7FBEF7.thumb.jpeg.ba36f9a0c089b8b69d66da5d7d7d86b6.jpeg

33E2E036-59BE-43D3-8CFA-CD2F3D192809.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Have a great cruise , make us all envy  ? 

Oh...it’s coming! ?

5 minutes ago, pepperandchips said:

Yay! The day is finally here! It sounds even more amazing that you already have friends from the Facebook group to connect with once onboard. Thanks for bringing us all along - I can’t wait to see “our” suite haha!!!

Have a wonderful embarkation day!!!

Thank you! And I always say, blogging is a great way to give back to this community. Thanks for coming along.

Checking out now and headed over to the port. Hubby just realized he has a pair of shoes that he did not pack after all the luggage has been re-packed and zipped. He wants to know if he can just carry it on board in the Publix grocery bag...we’re pretty down to Earth but I had to draw the line there. That is not the way to start Star class! ??

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Checking out now and headed over to the port. Hubby just realized he has a pair of shoes that he did not pack after all the luggage has been re-packed and zipped. He wants to know if he can just carry it on board in the Publix grocery bag...we’re pretty down to Earth but I had to draw the line there. That is not the way to start Star class! ??

Just tie the shoestring together and throw them on your shoulder ? Own it like a boss! ?

Haha channel your inner Beverly Hillbillies!

Don’t be silly...LuluBots can’t take selfies!

What is LuluBot? Haha

3 hours ago, Traveler said:

Have a great cruise , make us all envy  ? 

Hello Christina,

Ditto to that!  

I'm Michelle and you are my 4th post on this wonderful cruise loving people blog!  I have read your great pre blog and feel like we are going to peek into your cruise now!

I'm so happy for you and your wonderful family!  Have a great time!  We sailed her in a JS in May 2017 over Memorial Day!  Our very first experience as both Diamond and the Coastal Kitchen!  It was a very special cruise!  Loved the water show and Grease of course!  Ha!  

Can't wait to cruise "through" you!

Michelle

1 hour ago, vancouverdude said:

Haha channel your inner Beverly Hillbillies!

What is LuluBot? Haha

LuluBot - a bot who wears Lulu ?

2 minutes ago, Cruising to Retirement! said:

I'm Michelle and you are my 4th post on this wonderful cruise loving people blog!  I have read your great pre blog and feel like we are going to peek into your cruise now!

I'm so happy for you and your wonderful family!  Have a great time!  We sailed her in a JS in May 2017 over Memorial Day!  Our very first experience as both Diamond and the Coastal Kitchen!  It was a very special cruise!  Loved the water show and Grease of course!  Ha!  

Can't wait to cruise "through" you!

Michelle

Thanks for following along. We sailed HM too back in 2017 but it’s the first time for our kids.

And you are right, this is a great community!

Have a great Cruise! Looking forward to seeing your reactions to all the Star Class pampering! ? 

EDIT -- Forgot to say, be sure to include a pic of hubby's expression when you and the girls tell him that from now on every cruise must be Star Class, because it's spoiled you for anything less! ?

Currently getting ready for dinner. It’s CK tonight. I feel like it has already been a whirlwind of a day! I have so much to recap and it bothers me that I have not been keeping up as much as I usually do with the live blog. I will recap later tonight after Grease ?