“I Dream of Genie” – Star Class - Harmony of the Seas – 03/10/19-03/17/19

Lovetocruise2002

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Saying goodbye to my Braised Beef Gnocchi, Grilled Tofu, and Short Rib that I love. 

Ask your Genie about getting those dishes delivered to your room on the nights they are offered.  It may be food overkill, but I'm sure it can be arranged!  They made a dish from a different night's menu for us when we only had one night at CK on Symphony.

6 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Ask your Genie about getting those dishes delivered to your room on the nights they are offered.  It may be food overkill, but I'm sure it can be arranged!  They made a dish from a different night's menu for us when we only had one night at CK on Symphony.

The thought has already crossed my mind but I am not sure if my stomach can hold all that food!  Great tip about the different night's menu though.  I did not think they could do that.

2 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I will be following along...I hope to see some pics and reports from outside your gated community as that's where I will be on my Harmony cruise come Novemeber!... ?

You can count on it!  I will still be out and about for those kids of mine! ?

17 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Izumi Hibachi, Chops, 150 CP, and Jamie's

My vote would be Izumi and Jamie's, or you can try what @AshleyDillo suggest and maybe having a dinner in your room, hubby could order what he want and you could order your CK, send the girls to Johnny Rockets.

We had Sabor delivered and it was great. We ate out on the deck which was awesome but it was hard to see (I'm getting old), it may have been better at the table.

Your meal choices are exactly the same as ours.  No Chef's Table, no Wonderland.

I imagine that once at the hibachi will be enough.  I have always found the food there to be mediocre but we continue to go for the "show".  It's always fun but once is always enough for us.  I am not a fan of Jaimie's so we will usually hit that once for dinner and maybe once for a lunch here or there.  I love 150 CP but I have heard that they have done away with the bread and salts, which was probably my favorite part of the whole meal.  I don't find the menu there to be that exciting.  I guess that really leaves Chops....and don't forget...you have 7 lunches to eat too !!  Dan absolutely loves the sushi side at Izumi so we go there a lot even though I am not crazy about it.  I usually choose lunch to go there b/c I can just get a bowl of soup or some tempura and that's enough for me.  The girls might like going to Johnny Rocket's at lunchtime.  Don't forget, the milkshakes are all included !

I'm sure that you will suffer from food fatigue before it's all over.  We ALWAYS do.  Nice problem to have though.

Just now, tiny260 said:

hubby could order what he want and you could order your CK

Hmm..that is a good idea too. I am still so hesitant on the dinner on the balcony thing because of the mixed reviews about food being lukewarm to cold.  I can see how that happens too.  Can't blame them for that.  At the moment, we plan on doing breakfast and some lunches on the balcony.

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

and don't forget...you have 7 lunches to eat too !!  Dan absolutely loves the sushi side at Izumi so we go there a lot even though I am not crazy about it.  I usually choose lunch to go there b/c I can just get a bowl of soup or some tempura and that's enough for me.

We did this once and it was so good on Allure that I convinced Jaye to go back a second time, she's starting to accept that just maybe she might like Sushi, she is still not convinced.

Have not been on a ship that has the hot rocks yet, so I still want her to try that.

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I love 150 CP but I have heard that they have done away with the bread and salts, which was probably my favorite part of the whole meal.  I don't find the menu there to be that exciting. 

They are rolling with the "new" menu now on Harmony.  We looked at it last night and did not find it that interesting.  That is going to be once for us likely.

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

you have 7 lunches to eat too !!

That will likely be Sabor, Johnny Rockets, Izumi.  I am going to fall into a food coma.

4 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The girls might like going to Johnny Rocket's at lunchtime.  Don't forget, the milkshakes are all included !

I think they will be living there.  They are already on it with the milkshakes and cheese fries, chili cheese fries, and bacon cheese fries lol.

7 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I love 150 CP but I have heard that they have done away with the bread and salts, which was probably my favorite part of the whole meal.

Missed the bread and salts on Symphony. However the new rolls/bread served is delish. Warm, soft, buttery, salty, with a hint of earthiness.

4 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Missed the bread and salts on Symphony. However the new rolls/bread served is delish. Warm, soft, buttery, salty, with a hint of earthiness.

+1 on this, on Allure, I can't remember what I had off of the new menu but it really good, or I was just really hungry.

Our family must be the oddball group with the new 150 menu. We weren't really impressed with the meal. Then again service wasn't all that great. @AshleyDillo how did it take before that one dirty plate was cleared? 

Didn't want to make a deal about anything plus no room in the plans to schedule a second chance visit. Didn't mention it to anyone, Genie included.

56 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Eww...that sounds gross.

This is the new 150 CP menu that they are running on Harmony.  It's the same one as SY.

2019 ---150CP- New 2019 Menu - 181205-v020101-dinner PDF.pdf

That’s definitely new. That’s not the menu they had on Allure last April. Dan would love the venison choice.  Yuk. Not me. Scallops sound ok and I’ve heard the tenderloin is very good.

I was not impressed with 150 at all.  Never been before and really had zero interest from looking at the menu..but not my $, not my decision.  The bread was the best part.  One of the group cruisers said he walked in and asked for the bread to go and they gave it to him to at no charge.

I loved Jamie's on both Anthem and Symphony and that's probably my favorite of the specialty restaurants.  I like the casual atmosphere and I will never turn down a plate of meat and cheese. 

I would do Wonderland once a cruise if it was included because I like that it's different and it's an experience.  

Chops is meh to me..there isn't anything different or unique there.  We did do that on our balcony one evening on Symphony.  The food was lukewarm as it gets delivered all at once, but it was passable.  It seems like SO MUCH FOOD when all the food comes at once too.  It took up the entire six-person balcony table and we still didn't have room for the dessert.

Never impressed by Hibachi as you can get it on land and it's usually better.  It almost felt like a must do in Star Class as it's such a difficult reservation to get, but I could have cared less.  The sushi bar never had a wait and I would eat there all day, every day.

I kind of wish I would have requested that the Genie have the MDR/WJ chef make us some Indian food every day.  I loooove Indian food.  However, I don't think I'd want it delivered to the room and sitting and waiting for us.

I'm also the weirdo that doesn't like lobster, crab or scallops but pretty much anything else goes.

So...we ended up with Jamie's x 2, Chops x 2, and once to Hibachi and 150 CP.  

I'm not overly excited about CP (the desserts seem like the best part for me) and for those who don't know it, we're Asian, so we're going to be pretty picky when it comes to Hibachi.  But we definitely want to try it once.  Hubby loves his steaks and seafood, so we picked Chops to do twice.  If Chops turns out to be a bust the first round, then we'll probably do Jamie's x 3.  We love that place!  The Seafood tower and Surf and Turf is calling Hubby.  I am on a mission to prove to @Matt that the filet in CK is either better or the same as Chops quality.  #teamCK for now ?

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

the anchovy butter they are serving in Chops now

Anchovies... AND butter?!?!?

OH. MY. GOD!!!! WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!?!?

???

EDIT: You laugh, but when my younger daughter and I have a dinner night at home to ourselves, our first instinct is to call the local pizza place and get a small pie with extra anchovies, fresh garlic, and black olives. It's heaven for us!!

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

That’s definitely new. That’s not the menu they had on Allure last April. Dan would love the venison choice.  Yuk. Not me. Scallops sound ok and I’ve heard the tenderloin is very good.

I think I had the Halibut on Allure as the waiters suggestion, told him if it was no good he was going to get me a Filet, he didn't have to.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I'm not overly excited about CP (the desserts seem like the best part for me) and for those who don't know it, we're Asian, so we're going to be pretty picky when it comes to Hibachi.  But we definitely want to try it once.  Hubby loves his steaks and seafood, so we picked Chops to do twice.  If Chops turns out to be a bust the first round, then we'll probably do Jamie's x 3.  We love that place!  The Seafood tower and Surf and Turf is calling Hubby.  I am on a mission to prove to @Matt that the filet in CK is either better or the same as Chops quality.  #teamCK for now ?

Filet in CK is way better than Chop imo.  I was so disappointed the last few times I didn’t even go last cruise. If you want the tower or lobster have them bring to Giovanni’s or any other place. I had a mini tower last time as a snack on the balcony 

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I know everyone is different...and seems like the same restaurant can vary from ship to ship but we loved Chops on Mariner (this is when my son discovered he likes steak). Shrimp is really good there too as you said your husband likes seafood. We couldn't even get a reservation on Independence so hoping to get one on Symphony. Have heard really good things about Hibachi.  Good to hear you live Jamie's. Never tried it but hoping to. Will look forward to hearing what you think of them.

6 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The Seafood tower and Surf and Turf is calling Hubby.

I think the seafood tower is a right of passage for all Star Class guests.  I remember when we ordered it.  We did it just because we COULD but let me tell you.....if you order the seafood tower DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING ELSE !  It is monstrous !  We had one of the Jim twins with us on that cruise and even with 3 of us eating it we left about half of it.  ....but we foolishly ordered other food as well.  I think they put the seafood tower on the menu just to see the Star Class people order it and then wish they hadn't !!!!

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Without a doubt.  It was the best steak we had on the whole cruise.

#teamCK @Matt we need a shirt! 

29 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Still have yet to do that right of passage. When asking the Genie on Anthem he said it wasn't included and Chops on Symphony doesn't offer it.

Some day, some day....

That surprises me. I've always thought that the chops menu was pretty universal.

58 minutes ago, Matt said:

Here's a non-snarky question for the lovely Sabrina....what pre-cruise purchases have you or will you actually make? Curious with Star Class what you end up actually shelling out extra for.

We have OBC of $175.  So far, we are going to shell out money for a Beachfront Cabana.  That's all if that counts as a pre-cruise purchase. 

I think that how much extra you end up spending really depends on the type of cruiser you are.  We typically don't do a lot of extras, and with ports like Cozumel, Falmouth, and Labadee, we probably won't get off the ship much.  That saves on excursions.  And we are skipping Chef's table, which would be another added cost for the wine pairing.  Gratuities are covered but other than the cabana, our other expensive will be whatever we tip our Genie and room attendant and other random gratuities for room service deliveries etc.

This has been extremely relaxing in terms of not having the check the cruise planner multiple times etc.

22 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Anchovies... AND butter?!?!?

OH. MY. GOD!!!! WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!?!?

???

EDIT: You laugh, but when my younger daughter and I have a dinner night at home to ourselves, our first instinct is to call the local pizza place and get a small pie with extra anchovies, fresh garlic, and black olives. It's heaven for us!!

I actually really liked it, and I'm not a big anchovy lover.  When the anchovies are chopped up pretty small, it adds a nice salty taste to the butter.  When they are a little bigger, it can be tough texturally.  

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This has been extremely relaxing in terms of not having the check the cruise planner multiple times etc.

It's definitely been strange not checking the CP for either my Anthem or Oasis sailings.  Although, probably a good thing since I'm in the middle of opening our salon right now, and just a little stressed.  This blog has been a nice distraction, and gives me plenty of time to start getting ready for the Anthem GC.

Just now, betatke1480 said:

It's definitely been strange not checking the CP for either my Anthem or Oasis sailings.  Although, probably a good thing since I'm in the middle of opening our salon right now, and just a little stressed.  This blog has been a nice distraction, and gives me plenty of time to start getting ready for the Anthem GC.

For someone as Type A as myself, it is very strange to hand over the control to someone else. But such a nice change.

19 hours ago, CGTLH said:

the Genie on Anthem he said it wasn't included and Chops on Symphony doesn't offer it.

Interesting.  I will ask Yen (Anthem) about that.  We won't be ordering it but I would like to know.  I didn't realize that Symphony didn't have the tower !  Very interesting !  Maybe b/c of Hooked ?

10 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Interesting.  I will ask Yen (Anthem) about that.  We won't be ordering it but I would like to know.  I didn't realize that Symphony didn't have the tower !  Very interesting !  Maybe b/c of Hooked ?

No need to ask. Saw a posting from the very next sailing saying they got it (had different Genie).

Still have mixed opinions from that sailing.

Thinking the same thing when it comes to the tower on Symphony. Still the tower presentation beats is something.