For Fun - Do you Repeat Ships?

Just curious. I have been on Grandeur, Voyager, Allure, Mariner and Independence.

We have following booked: Symphony, Navigator, Anthem, Mariner and Harmony.

So only ship that will be a repeat is Mariner (but can see us starting to repeat after that).  The only negative with repeating...if can call cruising a negative...lol... is that you are repeating the ship's production shows.  With different cruises too, we try different staterooms (e.g. promenade, starboard balcony, aft balcony, interior virtual, Boardwalk, etc)...2 rooms, 1 room, etc  (Dream is someday to try a Junior Suite but hasn't happened yet).

So what about others....do you repeat ships?  Or do you try and do different ships?  And if you repeat, is it because you like the ship, or the date/time/itinerary/price worked out that way?

(And of course, this is within Royal, as there is also trying other cruise lines).  

I have been on Allure 3 times, Liberty 2 times, Adventure 2 times, Voyager 2 times.

I will be on future cruises Oasis 2 times, Harmony 2 times and Anthem 2 times.

After my 3rd cruise on Allure which was just 2 weeks ago I feel like cruise 3 is the sweet spot for me, we knew where everything was, all the little secrets, tips and tricks.

I repeated or will repeat for varies reasons, ship was the destination, the itineraries, availability (date) and itineraries, and/or room features (Star Class)

Been on Oasis twice as well as Brilliance of the Seas twice, I do not mind repeating ships, although I have to say the ship for us all depends on if the dates match what we need.  If the dates are right we do not care which ship it is on!  My worst day on cruise is FAR better than my best day at work! 

51 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

I have been on Allure 3 times, Liberty 2 times, Adventure 2 times, Voyager 2 times.

After my 3rd cruise on Allure which was just 2 weeks ago I feel like cruise 3 is the sweet spot for me, we knew where everything was, all the little secrets, tips and tricks.

I repeated or will repeat for varies reasons, ship was the destination, the itineraries, availability (date) and itineraries, and/or room features (Star Class)

Was gonna say that 2 seems to be your lucky number...but good to know that 3 is your sweet spot. ?  Seems like you try the bigger ones (Oasis, Quantum, Freedom and Voyager class)

Maybe i should ask too...what is your favorite ship?

My favorite so far is Allure (although ask me again in March after we try Symphony).  But really loved the revamped ships.  Our kids loved the Mariner with the additional amenities (slides, Sky Pad, and Laser tag)

4 minutes ago, bhageerah said:

Been on Oasis twice as well as Brilliance of the Seas twice, I do not mind repeating ships, although I have to say the ship for us all depends on if the dates match what we need.  If the dates are right we do not care which ship it is on!  My worst day on cruise is FAR better than my best day at work! 

Touche!  Totally agree with your last comment. ?

I'm with @tiny260 on this one.  I don't purposely repeat ships either (because Hubby hates to repeat ships, I don't mind as much) but I will depending on the situation. 

Sailing Harmony for the second time and a third time because we got awesome deals for Star Class on both. 

Sailing Oasis for the second next March but it will feel like the first time again because we have not sailed her since the inaugural. 

Sailing Allure too after her dry dock so it will be another new-ish experience.  And because we got an awesome deal in Star Class.

Sailing Brilliance for the second time (definitely not by choice) but because of the people (GC). 

Also sailing Anthem for the second time for the itinerary and the people (another GC).

Who am I kidding?  After looking at this, I will basically take any cruise lol.

14 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I'm with @tiny260 on this one.  I don't purposely repeat ships either (because Hubby hates to repeat ships, I don't mind as much) but I will depending on the situation. 

Sailing Harmony for the second time and a third time because we got awesome deals for Star Class on both. 

Sailing Oasis for the second next March but it will feel like the first time again because we have not sailed her since the inaugural. 

Sailing Allure too after her dry dock so it will be another new-ish experience.  And because we got an awesome deal in Star Class.

Sailing Brilliance for the second time (definitely not by choice) but because of the people (GC). 

Also sailing Anthem for the second time for the itinerary and the people (another GC).

Who am I kidding?  After looking at this, I will basically take any cruise lol.

That's amazing you gave do many cruises to look forward to..repeat ones but new experiences.

36 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Was gonna say that 2 seems to be your lucky number...but good to know that 3 is your sweet spot. ?  Seems like you try the bigger ones (Oasis, Quantum, Freedom and Voyager class)

Maybe i should ask too...what is your favorite ship?

My favorite so far is Allure (although ask me again in March after we try Symphony).  But really loved the revamped ships.  Our kids loved the Mariner with the additional amenities (slides, Sky Pad, and Laser tag)

I know in some peoples eye's bigger is not always better, but for me it has been, I sailed Voyager when that class 1st came out (Largest ship at the time), sailed Freedom when that class 1st cam out (Again Biggest), went out of order but did Allure 1st and then Oasis (Allure was the biggest at the time).

I think my favorite so far has been Harmony (2016 again the biggest at the time), have not done Symphony yet, have it booked for 2020. Allure is running a really close 2nd.

Have not done a "Q" class yet, both times will be future cruises, July 2019 and June of 2020.

We have done vision, adventure and freedom twice.  Next up is allure and vision again.  I like trying new ships but I don't mind repeating a ship.  Sometimes its all about timing (we are locked with spring break...2 teachers with kids) that causes a repeat, sometimes a good deal or the itinerary.  I wish that a radiance class ship was doing the 12 Greek/med cruise, but after 4 1/2 years... Vision will seem like a new ship.  I'm anxious to try allure but last year we had a great time when we got a good 6 night deal on freedom.  Guess what I'm saying longly is that we first look at time, then a mix of ship, itinerary and price.  Jane

we mix it up. We have been on Anthem 5 times in a row for Thanksgiving. A few reasons, its conveneint to drive to Bayonne, the price is right for us, and we really do love Anthem. We will be on her for Bermuda this Spring and again for Thanksgiving. For a winter cruise we mix it up to tru other ships and other lines. We are on NCL Bliss next Saturday. We chose it because its a new ship to experience.

5 hours ago, JasonL said:

I live so far away that none of them are convenient to sail on. So I definitely want a different ship every time or a repeat after it's been amped. If I lived closer to Florida I'd sail whatever weekend cruise worked with my schedule quite often. 

I know...we keep saying this as well...not that we have any plans to move to Florida...but it would be so easy to jump on a ship at last minute or if it works with time off work.  For us, it's a 3hr plane ride each time (which means around $2k on non-peak times, much more during March break)

52 minutes ago, whenismynextcruise said:

we mix it up. We have been on Anthem 5 times in a row for Thanksgiving. A few reasons, its conveneint to drive to Bayonne, the price is right for us, and we really do love Anthem. We will be on her for Bermuda this Spring and again for Thanksgiving. For a winter cruise we mix it up to tru other ships and other lines. We are on NCL Bliss next Saturday. We chose it because its a new ship to experience.

SO great to hear. We're trying Anthem next March for the first time.  Makes a difference too if you can drive to the port so double reasons for you to have been on it multiple times. 

Enjoy your NCL Bliss cruise.  Never done NCL but they look like great options too.

I've only repeated Independence and Harmony, but for both of those occasions, we repeated them because we managed to do a 2nd cruise in those years (normally only go at Summer).

However, we've now done all the main classes alongside all 4 of the Oasis sisters so we're likely to be repeating this summer as we've basically ran out of ships to try.

If I enjoyed a ship, I have no problems repeating it. The only issue is if I sail the same ship each time, which does get boring.

14 hours ago, tiny260 said:

We just booked Allure yesterday (after a really irritating personally-at-fault changed booking on Enchantment) and we said the same thing - on boarding day, we won't have to rush around and reorient ourselves. We can just relax and already know the places we enjoy spending time. Plus, the nostalgia of spending two weeks on board for our honeymoon. 

This time around, we booked the furthest aft cabin on the boardwalk on deck 9... though I have a feeling we'll try and swap to an OV balcony on deck 6. 

Just now, KLA said:

We just booked Allure yesterday (after a really irritating personally-at-fault changed booking on Enchantment) and we said the same thing - on boarding day, we won't have to rush around and reorient ourselves. We can just relax and already know the places we enjoy spending time. Plus, the nostalgia of spending two weeks on board for our honeymoon. 

This time around, we booked the furthest aft cabin on the boardwalk on deck 9... though I have a feeling we'll try and swap to an OV balcony on deck 6. 

It's your honeymoon?  Congrats!  Yes true...you already know your way around.

We booked aft for Mariner for the first time.  A bit apprehensive but also interested to try to see if we like it.  (Not sure it'll be a true test though as Mariner 4 day cruise is staying still more than the ship is actually moving so we don't have much wake time to enjoy).

Just now, WannaCruise said:

It's your honeymoon?  Congrats!  Yes true...you already know your way around.

We booked aft for Mariner for the first time.  A bit apprehensive but also interested to try to see if we like it.  (Not sure it'll be a true test though as Mariner 4 day cruise is staying still more than the ship is actually moving so we don't have much wake time to enjoy).

Haha, no. Honeymoon was in 2017 and we did a B2B on Allure. This cruise will actually be a week ahead of our second anniversary. All kinds of nostalgia on this cruise haha! 

Enjoy the Mariner aft! I've sailed Mariner twice and really love what they've done with the ship, and the crew is fantastic. 

We have been on multiple ships several times and every class of ship except Anthem. We have never booked based on a specific ship or ships, but given our experience if we had the option of going on the same itinerary/date/disembarkation port, there are ships, or rather classes, we would pick over others.

1. Freedom Class
2. Voyager Class
3. Oasis Class
4. Radiance Class

That's just our preference on our style.

Just now, KLA said:

Haha, no. Honeymoon was in 2017 and we did a B2B on Allure. This cruise will actually be a week ahead of our second anniversary. All kinds of nostalgia on this cruise haha! 

Enjoy the Mariner aft! I've sailed Mariner twice and really love what they've done with the ship, and the crew is fantastic. 

Ah ok..so first time was your honeymoon.  Well, this time can be your anniversary cruise then.  You should make it a tradition. ?

3 minutes ago, Gears said:

We have been on multiple ships several times and every class of ship except Anthem. We have never booked based on a specific ship or ships, but given our experience if we had the option of going on the same itinerary/date/disembarkation port, there are ships, or rather classes, we would pick over others.

1. Freedom Class

The only time we consider the ship is when travelling with our kids.  For example, DH and I would have no issue trying a Radiance or Brilliance class ourselves, but if with our kids would select where there is lots of stuff for them (i.e. Oasis, Quantum, Freedom, Voyager - amped ships).  And with Royal's ships, the itinerary is last consideration as we look at the ship/date/price first.

I should add that when selecting our latest booking, which ended up being Harmony, we did put the ships first that we hadn't been on (Oasis, Harmony ....over Allure which we were on, and Symphony,  which is coming up). But that's just because we had the option between the four ships.  And if it came down to it, we would have no issue going on one of the other two again.,

Just now, WannaCruise said:

The only time we consider the ship is when travelling with our kids. 

Ditto on that one.  If it's not Oasis or Quantum class or it hasn't been AMPed, it's out if we have our kids with us.  Now my kids have informed me that they no longer like salt water pools either so that list of "no" is growing and the list of "repeats" might be growing also.

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Ditto on that one.  If it's not Oasis or Quantum class or it hasn't been AMPed, it's out if we have our kids with us.  Now my kids have informed me that they no longer like salt water pools either so that list of "no" is growing and the list of "repeats" might be growing also.

Our daughter commented last time about the salt water pool on Mariner (which is what she'll be "stuck with" next time as it's their only pool she can go in).

We don't have that issue...yet...with them adding to the "no repeat" list....but hopefully we'll get there someday...lol (meaning we keep cruising enough)

8 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Out of curiosity, which ships have salt water pools?

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Voyager class.  No clue about anything below that as those ships aren't really on my radar, especially not with my kids.

Thanks. Did Indy have them? I think they did back when I sailed her but may have changed in drydock. 

1 hour ago, Joe01 said:

Thanks. Did Indy have them? I think they did back when I sailed her but may have changed in drydock. 

1 hour ago, Gears said:

I have never heard of a pool on a cruise ship not being salt water (sea water actually). 

Any verifiable non-salt water pools on RCL?

I can confirm that Indy has fresh water.  I have heard others mention that all Freedom class is fresh water.

Also Anthem has freshwater.

On all the OA class that we have sailed, one has salt water, the rest is fresh water.

4 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

I know...we keep saying this as well...not that we have any plans to move to Florida...but it would be so easy to jump on a ship at last minute or if it works with time off work.  For us, it's a 3hr plane ride each time (which means around $2k on non-peak times, much more during March break)

It's the plane fare that just kills all of us diamond wannabees lol!!!!  Jane

3 hours ago, Gears said:

1. Freedom Class
2. Voyager Class
3. Oasis Class
4. Radiance Class

That's just our preference on our style.

I have a feeling this will be my order after I take my first Oasis class in March.  I think freedom will be my sweet spot if having enough but not too many people. Never know though... Central Park may win me over!  Jane

46 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I can confirm that Indy has fresh water.  I have heard others mention that all Freedom class is fresh water.

Also Anthem has freshwater.

On all the OA class that we have sailed, one has salt water, the rest is fresh water.

Not to hijack the thread, but what makes them decide which to use?  @Matt do you know?  Jane