Examples of "house" and "call" liquors?

sweets018

Hi, I'm new to the blogs but have already booked a RCCL cruise for my family's reunion.  We are having a 1-hr cocktail reception and are having "house" cocktails.  Does anyone know the difference between the "house" and "call" liquor brands on RC?  I'm wondering if it would be worth it to spend more for the "call" option, or are the "house" brands tolerable?  If I ordered a mixed drink from a bar (with no beverage package), does RC automatically give me the "house" brand? (Would a regular social drinker be able to tell).  Thanks for any help. 

House is typically bottom shelf stuff.  Call is choosing the exact brand of liquor going into the drink.   Glenfiddich and soda instead of a bottom shelf scotch and soda.  Kettle One dirty martini instead of unknown vodka as a few examples.  I would imagine from a cost perspective,  CALL liquor would be much more expensive on a ship.    i would certainly inquire but it really depends on what the people invited will drink.

Yes, pretty much what was said above.  Think Smirnoff vs Tito's or Kettle.  It depends on your crowd who will notice or not.  If people tend to have a bunch of mixers in their drinks maybe not so much but if they drink straight up or only mix with club/water it would be more noticeable.  I know if I were invited to a reception and someone was paying for the drinks I would be happy with whatever they provided.  Maybe inquire if someone wanted something specific if they could purchase it on their own.