Costa Maya Water Park

cdixon22

20 hours ago, cdixon22 said:

Hi -

Has anyone done the water park in Costa Maya called Mayan Lost Kingdom?  I think it has zip lining and a lazy river.  Any feedback would be appreciated. 

Here is a vlog from a couple that I really enjoy following.  This video is the water park portion.  Not sure if it shows the zip lining and lazy river.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-lFEeBUubo

We went to the water park in November 2018 while on Symphony.  It’s very nice with several slides and pools and is in excellent condition.  We got there early and beat most of the lines (except for the locker rental in the main building which was S-L-O-W). We primarily sat by the pool and kids splash area. Food options appeared to be limited to one buffet restaurant that was expensive so ,we ate back at the cruise terminal. Overall we spent about 3-4 hours there. We will do it again in our next trip but pair it with the zip lines, at least for my wife. 

D9749D33-4AEE-4242-9B66-87C8DD293D04.jpeg

A7A7DB94-4588-4179-BDD4-F11310D64980.jpeg

575C3191-2581-478A-B1EE-4D97DCABD057.jpeg

78924C4F-882A-475F-A97F-247BE91999E7.jpeg

610B9BC7-891C-4462-A677-EC88DB437EA2.jpeg

D633B97F-74EA-4F55-98F5-60C86547F87B.jpeg

cbnsoul, I'm not OP, but thanks so much for sharing.  Looks like a great place.  A bit of a logistics question...we're coming with our 2 kids.  I won't go on the slides and I doubt DH will either.  For your first picture with the big slides, is it something you can let your kids go up by themselves and we wait at the bottom?  Or would we walk them up?  It seems like a long ways up.  Also, obviously you felt safe?  Some of those slides are mighty steep. (Or you commented you mostly stayed at the kids area)

34 minutes ago, cbnsoul said:

We went to the water park in November 2018 while on Symphony.  It’s very nice with several slides and pools and is in excellent condition.  We got there early and beat most of the lines (except for the locker rental in the main building which was S-L-O-W). We primarily sat by the pool and kids splash area. Food options appeared to be limited to one buffet restaurant that was expensive so ,we ate back at the cruise terminal. Overall we spent about 3-4 hours there. We will do it again in our next trip but pair it with the zip lines, at least for my wife. 

Great - thanks for the pictures.  We are going to try water park and zip lines in March.

36 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

cbnsoul, I'm not OP, but thanks so much for sharing.  Looks like a great place.  A bit of a logistics question...we're coming with our 2 kids.  I won't go on the slides and I doubt DH will either.  For your first picture with the big slides, is it something you can let your kids go up by themselves and we wait at the bottom?  Or would we walk them up?  It seems like a long ways up.  Also, obviously you felt safe?  Some of those slides are mighty steep. (Or you commented you mostly stayed at the kids area)

We mostly just stayed in the kids area and around the regular and cenote-style pool.  My wife did one of the slides while my son and I waited.  You actually take an elevator up to the top of the slides which I thought was interesting. There’s a nice lazy river that we did together.  The line got really long as they didn’t have a lot of innertubes though it made for a nice, uncrowded ride.

10 hours ago, cbnsoul said:

We mostly just stayed in the kids area and around the regular and cenote-style pool.  My wife did one of the slides while my son and I waited.  You actually take an elevator up to the top of the slides which I thought was interesting. There’s a nice lazy river that we did together.  The line got really long as they didn’t have a lot of innertubes though it made for a nice, uncrowded ride.

Thanks for the feedback.  Funny they have an elevator, but understandable.  Can see us going on the lazy river so good heads up. We're going spring break so will probably be crowded (although you don't see this park mentioned that often)