Yet another drink package question

Todd W

Our April cruise on LoS will the first time we've had the deluxe drink package.   I was just curious, since the drink package includes grats into the total price of the package,   I won't be charged extra for grats on a $12.00 "max limit" drink will I ?    Thought process being, with the addition of gratuity on a $12.00 drink, it will make the final price  $14.16 @ 18% .  I'm assuming not because thats double dipping but just wanted to be sure.

7 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Nope, no extra grats applied unless you go over the per-drink limit; in that case, you'll only be charged gratuity on the overage.

Awesome, thanks Joe.  I figured as much but i've had too much time idle time on my hands today at work and some of what i've read just made me overthink it all.   appreciate the quick reply.

26 minutes ago, Todd W said:

Awesome, thanks Joe.  I figured as much but i've had too much time idle time on my hands today at work and some of what i've read just made me overthink it all.   appreciate the quick reply.

I am frozen in  chicago...lots of idle time to overthink cruising!  Jane

2 hours ago, Todd W said:

Me, every night at work - which explains my torrent of ridiculous responses and questions that tend to show up at 3am, lol

17 hours ago, Todd W said:

Our April cruise on LoS will the first time we've had the deluxe drink package.   I was just curious, since the drink package includes grats into the total price of the package,   I won't be charged extra for grats on a $12.00 "max limit" drink will I ?    Thought process being, with the addition of gratuity on a $12.00 drink, it will make the final price  $14.16 @ 18% .  I'm assuming not because thats double dipping but just wanted to be sure.

Sometimes they will have you sign a slip and sometimes they may not, if someone gave you exceptional service you could manually add a tip to the charge.

An example, my wife wanted a certain wine at the Trellis bar on Allure, they didn't have it out front, so the Bartender went in the back and got a bottle so he could server her. I had her add a tip on the slip. It showed up as a tip charge on the account.

Just now, tiny260 said:

Sometimes they will have you sign a slip and sometimes they may not, if someone gave you exceptional service you could manually add a tip to the charge.

An example, my wife wanted a certain wine at the Trellis bar on Allure, they didn't have it out front, so the Bartender went in the back and got a bottle so he could server her. I had her add a tip on the slip. It showed up as a tip charge on the account.

I totally agree.  i have no issues at all adding something extra, usually to keep my drinks on the stronger side.  hah!   I was just more concerned about my perception of the package rules which has been alleviated.    I shouldn't make assumptions of anything cruise related without 2 cups of coffee first.

4 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Most of the time on Allure, 2 weeks ago, they didn't even print me a slip, the one I mentioned above my wife had to force him to print one, he just kept saying no.

Same thing happened to me too on the Allure. It seemed like they have been trained not to go for the extra tips. 

I tried tipping our room steward for doing something for me and it sat on the desk for 2 days until my wife tracked her down and made her take the tip.

That's why we always just tip in cash.  It's way easier than messing around with paper.  Once they get to know you....and know that you have a package they will usually stop printing out the paper chits unless there's an actual charge, which almost never happens to us.  We never buy anything about the price threshold....at least, I don't.  Sometimes Dan will get  a wild hair and want some kind of top shelf single malt scotch.  UGH...

2 minutes ago, Sweety said:

CPS finally shut down for 2 days. Have booked airfare for August cruises. Go SWA.

And they never shut down. Please March 23 get here fast so I can be in Miami!  My school district and preschool shut down two days too and my husbands school closed and they never do either (Homewood-flossmoor).    I wish southwest would move to O'Hare!  We are trying to book for Barcelona in July... Nightmare fares so we are waiting.  Hopper says they will come down.  Jane

On 1/31/2019 at 9:59 AM, tiny260 said:

Most of the time on Allure, 2 weeks ago, they didn't even print me a slip, the one I mentioned above my wife had to force him to print one, he just kept saying no.

This was true on freedom last year for the first time.  It was really nice not to get the paper.  I don't mind tipping extra for really good service, but I would feel guilty when I'd go up to be the bar, get my beer opened and then leave...I'd still end up leaving something on the paper and it added up on top of the gratuity I'd already paid!  Jane

4 hours ago, RickinSTL said:

My wife and I are freezing in STL with a case of the flu or some other crap.. It may be the ebola virus..  lol.. 

Feel better...I'm thinking everyone is gonna get sick when the temp goes up 100 degrees within 5 days!!!  I'm getting a headache just thinking about the barometric change  lol...  Jane