Deluxe Bev package - cancel & rebook

kuruczpa

Hi all,

I am sailing on Allure OTS Feb 2020 so I am still unable to book the DBP. However, when the time comes, how does it work with 'cancelling' and 'rebooking' at a cheaper price?

Once you initially buy it, does your CC get charged immediately? My concern is being Canadian and being hit with a different exchange rate if I was to 'cancel and rebook' a few times. Have any other Canadians gone through this and could advise?

Many thanks ?

I can't speak for the exchange rate, but it's very easy to cancel & rebook/repurchase any excursion, reservation or package through the Cruise Planner.

Yes, you are charged immediately for the item you purchase on your credit card.

If you want to cancel something, go to the top of the Cruise Planner page and click on "Order History" link. You will see a list of everything you have purchased/booked to date and under each item you will see a "Cancel" link. Click the cancel link and follow the prompts and your money will be refunded to the card you purchased the item with... they told me it can take 10-14 days to credit back, but I think it will probably be quicker.

Go back into the item and repurchase/book and you will get the current discounted price. Just be careful that the excursion or reservation you are cancelling is not a limited or very popular one as, in theory, there may be a very slight chance (depending on when you cancel/reorder) the item is not available when you try to repurchase it (possibly booked while you were cancelling?). Naturally, a drink package is not limited, so no worries!

We had booked an over the water cabana at Nellie' Beach and during the last Cruise Planner sale this past wekeend, the price went down 10% (woo hoo!). Fearing that if I cancel online I may lose it somehow (I think they only have 10 cabanas or so), I played it safe and called RC customer service and they quickly took care of the transaction and assured me I would not lose the reservation! The CS rep used the scripted 10-14 days for my refund of the original price to appear as a credit on my card.

*** They do not credit the difference (no adjustment), they cancel the full charge and rebill the new discounted amount to your credit card.

Finally, if you look at the very bottom of the page of any excursion, package or reservation you select, in the very tiny fine print, you will see the last day that the reservation/purchase can be made for your specific cruise (deadline for online/pre-cruise purchases is usually 2-3 days before departure otherwise you'll have to wait until you are on the ship). So it should follow that you can cancel/repurchase up to that date too!

Have an amazing time!  We are on Allure this May and can't wait!!!

2 hours ago, kuruczpa said:

Hi all,

I am sailing on Allure OTS Feb 2020 so I am still unable to book the DBP. However, when the time comes, how does it work with 'cancelling' and 'rebooking' at a cheaper price?

Once you initially buy it, does your CC get charged immediately? My concern is being Canadian and being hit with a different exchange rate if I was to 'cancel and rebook' a few times. Have any other Canadians gone through this and could advise?

Many thanks ?

You are likely way too far out to book any beverage packages.  Keep checking your cruise planner.  It will come up eventually.

Once you do book, yes your CC gets charged immediately.  And yes, if you re-price, you will get hit with the variable exchange rate. 

We don't use our Canadian credit cards when booking cruises, for US travel, or anything related to the cruise planner.  We use a US credit card.  That's just us.  There are Canadians here who I know use other strategies.  If you do a search on the main forum for "Canadian credit card" you will find some interesting discussions from the past about this topic.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 2:36 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

You are likely way too far out to book any beverage packages.  Keep checking your cruise planner.  It will come up eventually.

To whom may be interested it seems some sales are now open up to August 2019. Just booked deluxe beverage + VOOM at 54.5 EUR (roughly 61 USD), it's 25% less (actually 50% on the second package) and refreshment at 17.6 EUR (20 USD). Still time before August to check possible additional reductions, but for the time being I'm already enjoing the idea of liters of Mojitos and Pina colada :)

Nice sailings

A.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I was able to purchase the deluxe beverage package on Liberty yesterday for $49.  It has been $52 ever since I booked.  Not that much of a savings but enough to get me to bite !

@WAAAYTOOO    our LoS sailing is April and it dropped to $44 a few weeks back.   keep an eye out, i'm guessing once you hit within 90 days that price may pop up again for you hopefully.